Classics in Total Synthesis II: More Targets, Strategies, Methods
· domino reactions, cascade sequences, biomimetic strategies, and asymmetric catalysis are systematically developed through the chosen synthesis
· cutting edge synthetic technologies are discussed in terms of mechanism and scope
· new reactions, such as olefin metathesis, are presented in mini-review style
· abundant references are given for further reading
Graduate students, educators, and researchers in the fields of synthetic and medicinal chemistry will wish to have a copy of this book in their collection as an indispensable companion that both augments and supplements the original Classics in Total Synthesis.
From reviews of "Classics in Total Synthesis":
"... a volume, (..) which any chemist with an interest in synthetic organic chemistry will wish to acquire."
"...this superb book (..) will be an essential purchase for many organic chemists."
Swinholide A (Paterson)
Dynemicin A (Myers)
Ecteinascidin 743 (Corey)
Epothilone A (Nicolaou)
Manzamine A (Winkler/Martin)
Everninomicin 13,384-1 (Nicolaou)
Colombiasin A (Nicolaou)
Longithorone A (Shair)
Quarigemine C and Psycholeine (Overman)
Diazonamide A (Nicolaou)
- Nicolaou is one of the top synthetic chemists in organic chemistry.
- Each chapter has a detailed reference section so that each synthetic chemist can find a lot of very important information
- The Classics II will present completely new and 22 modern total syntheses.
- Many syntheses are presented which are of great interest for the pharmaceutical industry, like e.g., Vancomycin and Epothilone A.
- Domino reactions, cascade sequences, biomimetic strategies, and asymmetric catalysis are systematically developed through the chosen synthesis.
- Cutting edge synthetic technologies are discussed in terms of mechanism and scope.
- New reactions, such as olefin metathesis, are presented in mini-review style.
- Abundant references are given for further reading.
Classics in Total Synthesis II: More Targets, Strategies, Methods (US $110.00)
-and- Chemical Discovery and the Logicians' Program: A Problematic Pairing (US $90.00)
Total List Price: US $200.00
Discounted Price: US $150.00 (Save: US $50.00)