The Chemistry of Heterocycles, 2nd, Completely Revised, and Enlarged Edition
- completely revised
- numerous Q&As help readers to deepen their knowledge
- covers the very latest topics, such as metal-catalyzed coupling reactions
- systematic substance nomenclature
- comprehensive overview of all the important substance classes.
A must-have for advanced students of organic chemistry as well as for chemists looking for a quick overview of the field.
1. The Structures of Heterocyclic Compounds.
2. Systematic Nomenclature of Heterocyclic Compounds.
3. Three-Membered Heterocycles.
4. Four-Membered Heterocycles.
5. Five-Membered Heterocycles.
6. Six-Membered Heterocycles.
7. Seven-Membered Heterocycles.
8. Larger Rings Heterocycles.
9. Problems and their Solutions.
Prof.. Eicher’s research interests concern the synthetic chemistry of cyclopropenones and triafulvenes, as well as natural product synthesis (constituents of bryophytes). He is coauthor of several books. Jointly with L.F. Tietze, he was awarded the 1982 literature prize of the ‘Fond der Chemischen Industrie’. He is also Dr. h.c. and Prof. H.c. of the Facultad de Quimica de la Universidad de la Republica Montevideo, Uruguay.
Siegfried Hauptmann was born in 1931 in Dürrhennersdorf, in the district of Löbau in Saxony and studied chemistry at the University of Leipzig. In 1958, he obtained his Dr.rer.nat. under W. Treibs for research on dicarboxylic acids and habilitated in the field of organic chemistry in 1961. In that year, he was made assistant professor at the University of Leipzig, and full professor in 1969, and was retired in 1996. His research interests lie predominantly in the field of synthetic organic chemistry and reaction mechanisms.
Prof. Hauptmann is author or coauthor of several books (Struktur und Reaktion in der Chemie, Strathilfe Chemie, Strereochemie). He has been Visiting Professor in several countries and is Professor h.c. at the University Potosi, Bolivia.
Alan Nadin, Angewandte Chemie IE
"Eicher and Hauptmann provide an up to date introduction to the field for the advanced undergraduate and graduate students. ... The book is carefully produced to a very high standard."
Salvatore Guccione, Univ. of Catania, Italy,
European Journal of Medicinal Chemistry, 2005
The Chemistry of Heterocycles, 2nd, Completely Revised, and Enlarged Edition (US $115.00)
-and- Calculation of NMR and EPR Parameters: Theory and Applications (US $335.00)
Total List Price: US $450.00
Discounted Price: US $337.50 (Save: US $112.50)