Catalysis: Concepts and Green Applications
year" by the chemistry students).
Following an introduction to green chemistry and the basics of catalysis, the book covers biocatalysis, homogeneous catalysis and heterogeneous catalysis, as well as computer applications in catalysis research.
Each chapter also features integrated exercises that help students prepare for their exams.
Green chemistry and sustainable development
What is catalysis and why is it important?
Tools in catalysis research
THE BASICS OF CATALYSIS
Catalysis is a kinetic phenomenon
Practical approaches in kinetic studies
An overview of the basic concepts in catalysis
Metal complex catalysis in the liquid phase
Homogeneous catalysis without metals
Scaling up and down: Pros and cons
"Click chemistry" and homogeneous catalysis
Classic gas/solid systems
Liquid/solid and liquid/liquid catalytic systems
Advanced process solutions using heterogeneous catalysis
The basics of enzymatic catalysis
Applications of enzyme catalysis
Developing new biocatalysts: Better than nature's best
COMPUTER APPLICATIONS IN CATALYSIS RESEARCH
Computers as research tools in catalysis
Modelling catalysts and catalytic cycles
Predictive modelling and rational catalyst design
An overview of data mining methods in catalysis
- Each chapter features integrated exercises that help students prepare for their exams
- Following an introduction to green chemistry and the basics of catalysis, the book covers biocatalysis, homogeneous catalysis and heterogeneous catalysis
- Covers computer applications in catalysis research
- Provides a timely approach to subject
- No other textbook on the market, which covers all aspects of catalysis and bridges also to computational methods, industrial applications and green chemistry
- Practicability and quality of this approach is proved by the courses of the author
- Author also teaches scientific writing - is the ideal person for writing a textbook. His students voted him "teacher of the year in 2007"
"I read this book with great pleasure. It is well worth the affordable price … .Very readable and informative, with some interspersed historic annotations, which make certain developments easier to understand." (ChemSusChem, December 2008)
"The author's highly readable and concise style results in a comprehensive treatment of catalysis that will make of this book a lasting reference for chemistry scholars at all levels." (Advanced Synthesis and Catalysis, September 2008)
"This book will help graduate students and pharmaceutical scientists and technologists enhance their understanding of green-chemistry applications and their implications for the environment. It is a useful resource for professionals seeking synthetic methods that are efficient and environmentally benign." (Pharmaceutical Technology Magazine, September 2, 2008)
"This book is informative and fascinating, and will be a solid work for catalysis course or a worthwhile investment for an interested student." (CHOICE, September 2008)
One of those timely books that does not leave you empty-handed … The more I read the book the more interested and surprised I was. (Chemistry World, July 2008)