Discover the World of Microbes: Bacteria, Archaea, Viruses
December 2011, ©2012, Wiley-Blackwell
This price is valid for United States. Change location to view local pricing and availability.
Other Available Formats: E-book
Written by Gerhard Gottschalk, Fellow of the American Academy of Microbiology and one of the most prominent microbiologists in our time, this text covers the topic in its whole breadth and does not only focus on bacteria as pathogens.
The book is written in an easy-to-read, entertaining style but each chapter also contains a `facts' section with compact text and diagrams for easy learning. In addition, more than 40 famous scientists, including several Nobel Prize winners, contributed sections, written specifically for this title. The book comes with color figures and a companion website with questions and answers.
- Unique, introductory text offering a comprehensive overview of the astonishing variety and abilities of Bacteria
- Easy-to-read, fascinating and educational
- Written by one of the best known microbiologists of our time
- Color images throughout
- Each chapter has a compact tutorial part with schemes on the biochemistry and metabolic pathways of Bacteria
- Comes with a companion website with questions and answers