Fundamentals of Atmospheric Radiation: An Introduction with 400 Problems
The authors are physicists teaching at the largest meteorology department in the US at Penn State. The problems given in the text come from students, colleagues, and correspondents, and the figures designed especially for this book facilitate comprehension.
Ideal for advanced undergraduate and graduate students of atmospheric science.
* Free solutions manual available for lecturers at www.wiley-vch.de/supplements/
2. Absorption: The Death of Photons
3. Scattering: The Life of Photons
4. Radiometry and Photometry: What You Get and What You See
5. Multiple Scattering: Elementary
6. Multiple Scattering: Advanced
7. Polarization: The Hidden Variable
8. Meteorological Optics: The Reward
Free solutions manual available for lecturers at www.wiley-vch.de/supplements/
In 1988 he was elected a Fellow of the Optical Society of America. He is author of several books, his most recent book being 'Atmospheric Thermodynamics' (with Bruce A. Albrecht). Professor Bohren is the first recipient of the American Meteorological Society's Louis J. Battan Award for Authors.
Eugene E. Clothiaux is an Associate Professor of Meteorology at the Pennsylvania State University.
He remained at the Pennsylvania State University as a Research Associate from 1994-1999 before becoming an Assistant Professor in 1999. Prof. Clothiaux has written several contributions on millimeter-wave cloud radar and atmospheric radiation.
- based directly on course notes used for many years at PennState University
- Problems, references and suggestions for further reading at the end of every chapter inspired by students' questions
- design of figures especially for book eases comprehension
- stepwise didactical approach improves the understanding of topics
- thorough treatment of subjects at different levels of complexity: multiple scattering theory starts with piles of plates then on to two-stream theory
- written by well-known US authors
Fundamentals of Atmospheric Radiation: An Introduction with 400 Problems (US $125.00)
-and- Absorption and Scattering of Light by Small Particles (US $125.00)
Total List Price: US $250.00
Discounted Price: US $187.50 (Save: US $62.50)