The Dawn of Fluid Dynamics: A Discipline Between Science and Technology
The focus lies on the work of Ludwig Prandtl, founder of the aerodynamic research center (AVA) in Göttingen, whose ideas and publications have influenced modern aerodynamics and fluid mechanics in many fields. While suitable for others, this book is intended for natural scientists and engineers as well as historians of science and technology.
2. The beginnings of fluid dynamics in Goettingen, 1904-1914
3. Aviation and the rise of aerodynamics in the World War I
4. The internationalization of fluid mechanics in the 1920s
5. A 'working program' for research on turbulence
6. Aerodynamics comes of age
7. New applications
8. Prandtl, fluid dynamics and National Socialism
9. New centers
10. Fluid dynamics on the eve of the Second World War
11. Mysterious Harmony: Fluid dynamics between science and technology
The Aerospace Professional
"For all lovers and aficionados of fluid mechanics, professionals, and amateurs, 'The Dawn of Fluid Dynamics: A Discipline Between Science and
Technology' is a recommended read."
AIAA Journal, April 2007
"One's library is incomplete without it...Essential." CHOICE, October 2006
Buy Both and Save 25%!
The Dawn of Fluid Dynamics: A Discipline Between Science and Technology (US $119.00)
-and- Practical Relativity: From First Principles to the Theory of Gravity (US $71.95)
Total List Price: US $190.95
Discounted Price: US $143.21 (Save: US $47.74)