The second part is devoted entirely to experimental techniques, such as laser, Fourier, NMR, and ESR spectroscopies, used in the fields of physics, chemistry, biology, and material science. Time-resolved measurements and the influence of chemical reactions by coherent controls are also treated. A list of general textbooks and specialized literature is provided for further reading.
With specific examples, definitions, and notes integrated within the text to aid understanding, this is suitable for undergraduates and graduates in physics and chemistry with a knowledge of atomic physics and familiar with the basics of quantum mechanics.
2. Electronic States of Molecules
3. Rotation, Oscillation and Potential Curves of Diatomic Molecules
4. The Spectra of Diatomic Molecules
5. Molecule Symmetries and Group Theory
6. Rotation and Oscillations of Polyatomic Molecules
7. Electronic States of Polyatomic Molecules
8. The Spectra of Polyatomic Molecules
9. Collapse of the Born-Oppenheimer-Approximation, Disturbances in Molecular Spectra
10. Molecules in Disturbing Fields
11. Van-der-Waals-Molecules and Cluster
12. Experimental Techniques in Molecular Physics
Informative, easy-to-understand figures that help illustrate the topics presented.
Second part devoted exclusively to experimental techniques, e.g., laser, Fourier, NMR and ESR spectroscopies used in natural and life sciences.
Richly illustrated throughout
Specific examples, definitions, and notes are provided directly in text to improve understanding.
List of general textbooks and specialized literature given for further reading.
Molecular Physics (US $130.00)
Total List Price: US $365.00
Discounted Price: US $273.75 (Save: US $91.25)