Introduction to Classical and Quantum Field Theory
Written by an expert in the field, with a broad experience in teaching and training, it manages to present such substantial topics as phases and phase transitions or solitons and instantons in an accessible and concise way.
Divided into two parts, the first covers fundamental physics and the mathematics background needed by students in order to enter the field, while the second part discusses applications of quantum field theory to a few basic problems. The emphasis here lies on how modern concepts of quantum field theory are embedded in these approaches, and also on the limitations of standard quantum field theory techniques in facing 'real' physics problems.
Throughout, there are numerous end-of-chapter problems, and a free solutions manual is available for lecturers.
2. Lagrangian Formulation of Classical Mechanics and Field Theory
3. Quantization of Classical Field Theory I
4. Quantization of Classical Field Theory II
5. Berry Phase and Gauge Theory
6. Introduction to Perturbation Theory
7. Concept of Effective Field Theory, Phases, and Phase Transition
8. Non-Linear Effects and Topology in Quantum Field Theory
9. Simple Bose Liquids -
Introduction to Superfluidity
10. Simple Fermi Liquids -
Introduction to Fermi Liquid Theory
11. Introduction to BCS Theory (S-Wave Superconductors)
12. Introduction to Quantum Magnetism
Introduction to Classical and Quantum Field Theory (US $85.00)
-and- Exploring Quantum Physics through Hands-on Projects (US $72.95)
Total List Price: US $157.95
Discounted Price: US $118.46 (Save: US $39.49)