Systems Biology in Practice: Concepts, Implementation and Application
July 2008, Wiley-Blackwell
This price is valid for United States. Change location to view local pricing and availability.
It provides readers with guidance on how a specific complex biological question may be tackled:
- How to formulate questions that can be answered
- Which experiments to perform
- Where to find information in databases and on the Internet
- What kinds of models are appropriate
- How to use simulation tools
- What can be learned from the comparison of experimental data and modeling results
- How to make testable predictions
The authors demonstrate how mathematical concepts can illuminate the principles underlying biology at a genetic, molecular, cellular and even organism level, and how to use mathematical tools for analysis and prediction.