Handbook of Graphs and Networks: From the Genome to the Internet
This book defines the field of complex interacting networks in its infancy and presents the dynamics of networks and their structure as a key concept across disciplines.
The contributions present common underlying principles of network dynamics and their theoretical description and are of interest to specialists as well as to the non-specialized reader looking for an introduction to this new exciting field.
Theoretical concepts include modeling networks as dynamical systems with numerical methods and new graph theoretical methods, but also focus on networks that change their topology as in morphogenesis and self-organization. The authors offer concepts to model network structures and dynamics, focussing on approaches applicable across disciplines.
1. Mathematical Results on Scale-free Random Graphs
2. Random Graphs as Models of Networks
3. Emergence of Scaling in Complex Networks
R. Cohen, S. Havlin, and D. ben-Avraham:
4. Structural Properties of Scale-Free Networks
Romualdo Pastor-Satorras and Alessandro Vespignani:
5. Epidemics and Immunization in Scale-free Networks
Ralf J. Sommer:
6. Cells and Genes as Networks in Nematode Development and Evolution
Ricard V. Solé and Romualdo Pastor-Satorras:
7. Complex Networks in Genomics and Proteomics
Sergei Maslov, Kim Sneppen and Uri Alon:
8. Correlation Profiles and Motifs in Complex Networks
9. Theory of Interacting Neural Networks
B. Drossel and A. J. McKane:
10. Modelling Food Webs
11. Traffic Networks
12. Economic Networks
Lada A. Adamic, Rajan M. Lukose and Bernardo A. Huberman:
13. Local Search in Unstructured Networks
S.N. Dorogovtsev and J.F.F. Mendes:
14. Accelerated Growth of Networks
Gérard Weisbuch and Sorin Solomon:
15. Social Percolators and Self
Sanjay Jain and Sandeep Krishna:
16. Graph Theory and the Evolution of Autocatalytic Networks
Lada A. Adamic, Uri Alon, Daniel ben-Avraham, Albert-Laslo Barabasi, Béla Bollobas, Reuven Cohen, Sergei N. Dorogovtsev, Barbara Drossel, Shlomo Havlin, Bernardo A. Huberman, Sanjay Jain, Wolfgang Kinzel, Alan Kirman, Sandeep Krishna, Rajan M. Lukose, Sergei Maslov, Alan J. McKane, Jose F. F. Mendes, Kai Nagel, Mark Newman, Romualdo Pastor-Satorras, Oliver M. Riordan, Kim Sneppen, Ricard V. Solé, Sorin Solomon, Ralf J. Sommer, Alessandro Vespignani, Gérard Weisbuch
"This book is excellent for inspiring ecologist brains."