Industrial Pigging Technology: Fundamentals, Components, Applications
The book describes clearly and methodically the important basic equipment required for the planning and design of pigging units. Many practical examples are shown for the operation of industrial pigging units, drawn from the authors' longtime experience in this technology. In this form and scope the book is an unrivaled presentation of this technology.
Engineers and chemists who plan, construct, operate and maintain production plants in the chemical, food, cosmetics, pharmaceutical and petrochemical industry will find an invaluable source of advice and reference for pigging units.
1. Introduction in Pigging Technology.
2. Pigging Units and Pigging Systems.
6. Additonal Equipment.
8. Control System.
9. Decision Criteria for Pigging.
10. Cleaning Degree after Pigging.
11. Pig Wear.
12. Medium-Specific Characteristics.
13. Checks Before Start-Up.
14. Experiences with Pigging Units.
15. Applications in the Chemical Industry.
16. Pigging Units for Sterile Technology.
17. Pipeline Pigging.
18. Pigging of Pneumatic Conveying Lines for Bulk Materials.
IV: LAW AND REGULATION.
19. Legal Requirements.
20. Safety and Occupational Health.
List of Chemical Resistances.
Description of Material Codes.
Properties of Solvents.
Suppliers Names and Addresses.
"As a summary I conclude that this book is recommendable for anyone searching for a detailed introduction to this technology. Furthermore, it is a valuable guide for all engineers dealing with the planning of industrial chemical plants." (Chemie Technik)