The Method of Normal Forms, 2nd, Updated and Enlarged Edition
This price is valid for United States. Change location to view local pricing and availability.
Other Available Formats: Hardcover
Based on a successful text, this second edition presents different concepts from dynamical systems theory and nonlinear dynamics. The introductory text systematically introduces models and techniques and states the relevant ranges of validity and applicability.
New to this edition:
- 3 new chapters dedicated to Maps, Bifurcations of Continuous Systems, and Retarded Systems
- Retarded Systems has become a topic of major importance in several applications, in mechanics and other areas
- Provides a clear operational framework for conscious use of concepts and tools
- Presents a rich variety of examples, including their final outcome
- For most of the examples, the results obtained with the method of normal forms are equivalent to those obtained with other perturbation methods, such as the method of multiple scales and the method of averaging
- Explains and compares different applications of the considered concepts and techniques
- Assumes knowledge of basic calculus as well as the elementary properties of ordinary-differential equations