Imaging Systems for Medical Diagnostics: Fundamentals, Technical Solutions and Applications for Systems Applying Ionizing Radiation, Nuclear Magnetic Resonance and Ultrasound, 2nd Edition
The book starts with the representation of the physical basics of image processing, implying some knowledge of Fourier transforms. After that, experienced authors describe technical solutions and applications for imaging systems in medical diagnostics. The applications comprise the fields of X-ray diagnostics, computed tomography, nuclear medical diagnostics, magnetic resonance imaging, sonography, molecular imaging and hybrid systems. Considering the increasing importance of software based solutions, emphasis is also laid on the imaging software platform and hospital information systems.
1. Physiology of Vision.
2. Subjective Assessment of Image Quality.
3. Image Rendering.
4. Image Fusion.
PART II: PHYSICS OF IMAGING.
6. X-Ray and Gamma-Radiation.
7. Concepts in Magnetic Resonance Imaging.
8. Physical Principles of Medical Ultrasound.
PART III: IMAGE RECONSTRUCTION.
9. System Theory.
10. Principles of Image Reconstruction.
PART IV: IMAGING INSTRUMENTATION.
11. Image Displays.
12. X-Ray Diagnostics: Tubes, Generators, Detectors, X-ray systems,3D imaging, Mammography.
13. Computed X-ray Tomography:
14. Nuclear Medicine: Imaging with Single Photon Emitters - Measurement Principles and Devices, SPECT Systems, PET Systems.
15. Magnetic Resonance Imaging.
16. Ultrasound Imaging Systems.
17. Special and Hybrid Systems.
18. Molecular Imaging.
PART V: INFORMATION PROCESSING AND DISTRIBUTION.
19. Imaging Platform for medical imaging.
20. Computer-Aided Detection and Diagnostics.
21. Hospital Information System.