American Journal of Transplantation
Vol 13 (17 Issues in 2013)
Edited by: Allan D. Kirk
Print ISSN: 1600-6135 Online ISSN: 1600-6143
Impact Factor: 6.192
Welcome to the AJT website!
With its high quality content, an average time to first decision of 3 weeks, and an Impact Factor of 6.192 (ranked no. 1 in transplantation, no. 2 in surgery), the American Journal of Transplantation is the journal you can’t be without.
The American Journal of Transplantation serves as a forum for debate and reassessment, an agent of change, and a major platform for promoting understanding, improving results, and advancing science in this dynamic field. Published monthly, the American Journal of Transplantation provides an essential resource for researchers and clinicians around the world.
American Journal of Transplantation is the leading journal in its field
• 2012 Impact Factor - 6.192 -- The highest impact factors of any transplantation journal (the #1 transplantation journal, ranked 2nd in the surgery category)
• Accepted articles available online before print publication - via Early View
• Publishes original articles, case reports, invited reviews, letters to the editor, critical reviews, news features, consensus documents and guidelines.
• 12 issues a year, covering all major subject areas, including:
o Thoracic (heart, lung), abdominal (kidney, liver, pancreas, islets), tissue and stem cell transplantation
o Organ and tissue donation and preservation
o Tissue injury, repair, inflammation, and aging
o Drugs and pharmacology
o Graft survival and prevention of graft dysfunction and failure
o Ethical and social issues
• Free online access to all articles after 12 months
• High international readership - In addition to AST/ASTS members, 2,000 institutions worldwide have access to the American Journal of Transplantation
Speed of Publication and Author Services
• First decisions on original articles are now delivered within an average of 21.5 days
• Average time from acceptance to online publication for articles is approximately 80 days, and time from acceptance to print publication is an average of three months
• Simple and efficient online submission process - visit http://mc.manuscriptcentral.com/ajt
• Excellent service provided by editorial and production offices
• Wiley-Blackwell’s outstanding author services website, allowing you to track your article through all stages the publication process – visit http://authorservices.wiley.com/bauthor/
NIH Public Access Mandate
For those interested in the Wiley-Blackwell policy on the NIH Public Access Mandate, please visit our policy statement.