Vol 46 (4 Issues in 2014)
Print ISSN: 0004-0894 Online ISSN: 1475-4762
Impact Factor: 1.685
Area publishes ground breaking geographical research and scholarship across the field of geography. Whatever your interests, reading Area is essential to keep up with the latest thinking in geography. At the cutting edge of the discipline, the journal:
• is the debating forum for the latest geographical research and ideas
• is an outlet for fresh ideas, from both established and new scholars
• is accessible to new researchers, including postgraduate students and academics at an early stage in their careers
• contains commentaries and debates that focus on topical issues, new research results, methodological theory and practice and academic discussion and debate
• provides rapid publication
To be accepted, therefore, an article must make a concise, significant and original contribution to geographic knowledge. It should be situated in the relevant literature within and beyond the discipline, and should make a distinctive contribution to debates within human or physical geography. Where possible, links should be made with themes and issues within the wider discipline, with other relevant disciplines, and with concerns in the world beyond geography on which the discipline may offer insight, understanding and critical comment.
Calling all physical geographers!
Area is very keen to encourage more submissions of physical geography papers, and especially those written by postgraduates. The journal prefers short, pithy articles which focus on topical issues, new research results or discussions of methodology, theory and practice. We aim for a rapid turnaround time between submission and publication. Recently Area has published papers on desertification, soil erosion, geomorphological ideas and urban fluvial hazards. If you would like to submit a paper, or even discuss an idea at an early stage of writing, then please contact Paul Wood, Co-Editor for physical geography at email@example.com.
Essential book reviews
Area carries a topical book review section with in-depth reviews of the latest books related to its mission.