British Journal of Dermatology
Aims & Scope
The British Journal of Dermatology (BJD) strives to publish the highest quality dermatological research. In so doing, the journal aims to advance understanding, management and treatment of skin disease and improve patient outcomes.
BJD invites submissions under a broad scope of topics relevant to clinical and experimental research and publishes original articles, reviews, concise communications, case reports and items of correspondence. The article categories within the journal are: cutaneous biology; clinical and laboratory investigations; contact dermatitis & allergy; dermatological surgery & lasers; dermatopathology; epidemiology & health services research; paediatric dermatology; photobiology; and therapeutics.
BJD is an official organ of the British Association of Dermatologists but attracts contributions from all countries in which sound research is carried out, and its circulation is equally international. The overriding criteria for publication are scientific merit, originality and interest to a multidisciplinary audience.
Journal content and further information—including author guidelines and submission details—can be found online at www.brjdermatol.org. The 2011 impact factor is 3.666.
Mission & Values
Founded in 1888, BJD has evolved into one of the world’s leading general dermatology journals. The BJD brand is underpinned by the provision of trusted information. From this solid foundation, the journal aims to serve the needs of its multiple stakeholders.
- For authors, BJD aims to provide a quick, dependable and fair peer-review service focused on improving the quality of accepted manuscripts. Article production should be quick and accurate and free of any charges.
- BJD recognises the invaluable role of reviewers in safeguarding the integrity of content and aims to acknowledge fully their contribution.
- For readers, BJD aims to deliver the highest quality clinical and experimental research spanning the continuum of dermatological disciplines. Content should be readily discoverable and user-friendly. Online innovation should add value to content, promote understanding and facilitate clinical decision-making.
- For subscribers, BJD aims to offer flexible purchasing options—from individual article downloads to multi-year, multi-site licences—at reasonable prices.
- For sponsors, BJD aims to offer ethical marketing solutions which yield measurable returns on investment.
Surpluses generated from sales of BJD are used by the British Association of Dermatologists to support research, to deliver educational objectives and to further its goal of 'Healthy Skin for All'.
First choice in dermatology
- One of the top dermatology journals in the world: 2011 Impact Factor - 3.666
- High quality original research of instant importance: 2011 Immediacy Index - 0.836
Speed of Publication
- Rapid, robust peer review - average 15 days from submission to first decision
- Immediate preprint publication upon article acceptance
- 70 days from receipt at publisher to print publication
- No page or colour charges
- Fully compliant with NIH Public Access Policy
- Available in more than 8,000 medical and scientific libraries worldwide
- 80,000 page views per month
- Free e-alerts or RSS feeds for all registered users
- OnlineOpen: articles 'open access' upon payment of a one time author fee
Join the ranks of the world's best authors and submit your next paper to BJD