As of January 2000, Developmental Genetics was renamed and relaunched as genesis: The Journal of Genetics and Development, with a new scope and Editorial Board. The journal focuses on work that addresses the genetics of development and the fundamental mechanisms of embryological processes in animals and plants. With increased awareness of the interplay between genetics and evolutionary change, particularly during developmental processes, we encourage submission of manuscripts from all ecological niches. The expanded numbers of genomes for which sequencing is being completed will facilitate genetic and genomic examination of developmental issues, even if the model system does not fit the “classical genetic” mold. Therefore, we encourage submission of manuscripts from all species. Other areas of particular interest include: 1) the roles of epigenetics, microRNAs and environment on developmental processes; 2) genome-wide studies; 3) novel imaging techniques for the study of gene expression and cellular function; 4) comparative genetics and genomics and 5) animal models of human genetic and developmental disorders.
genesis presents reviews, full research articles, short research letters, and state-of-the-art technology reports that promote an understanding of the function of genes and the roles they play in complex developmental processes.
Benefits to publishing in genesis--
- Rapid publication: peer reviewed and accepted articles published online within days of acceptance with rapid indexing in PubMed
- OnlineOpen: Authors can pay for an Open Access option.
- Complete compliance with NIH, HHMI and Wellcome Trust Open Access policies
- Free color figures
- An international Editorial Board to provide global expertise in the genetics of development
- Expedited and friendly review
- Environmentally friendly on-line only journal starting in 2012
- Broad global dissemination and discovery of content
- Free access to researchers in developing countries via Research4Life
- All Review Articles and Special Issues are freely available online.