International Journal of Eating Disorders
Mission and Scope of the International Journal of Eating Disorders (IJED)
IJED’s mission is to advance the scientific knowledge needed for understanding, treating, and preventing eating disorders. The journal achieves its mission by publishing rigorously evaluated, high-quality manuscripts for distribution through print and electronic platforms to an international readership of health professionals, scientists, and advocates. Accordingly, the IJED publishes state-of-the-art original scientific research and scholarly articles on theory, methodology, etiology, clinical practice, and policy related to eating disorders, as well as articles that facilitate scholarly critique and discussion of science and practice in the field. Theoretical and empirical work on obesity or healthy eating falls within the journal’s scope inasmuch as it facilitates the advancement of efforts to describe and understand, prevent, or treat eating disorders. IJED welcomes submissions from all regions of the world and representing all levels of inquiry (including basic science, clinical trials, implementation research, and dissemination studies), and across the range of scientific methods, disciplines, and approaches.
Key Benefits of Publishing in the International Journal of Eating Disorders
- Publishing your work in a widely respected, high impact venue. IJED has been publishing the scholarly work of leaders in the field for over 20 years and is the leading scientific journal dedicated to the study of eating disorders.
- Reach a world-wide audience of eating disorder professionals. IJED is an official publication of the Academy for Eating Disorders (AED), a global professional association committed to leadership in eating disorders research, education, treatment, and prevention. All AED members receive a subscription to the journal.
- Enhanced visibility. Accepted manuscripts are posted online as soon as they are ready, before the release of the compiled print issues. Selected IJED papers also are highlighted in press releases issued by the publisher and in the AED's continuing education credit program.
- Recognition of excellence. Awards are made annually for "best paper."
- Fast review. Manuscripts typically receive a decision within 3-4 weeks of submission.
- Opportunity for open access. Through Wiley's OnlineOpen program, authors can elect to make their published original research manuscripts freely accessible