Más allá de las palabras, Intermediate Spanish, Student Edition and accompanying Audio CD, 2nd Edition
April 2009, ©2010
Más allá de las palabras, Intermediate Spanish, is theme-based from chapters 1 through 5, and it is organized around regions of the Spanish-speaking world from chapters 6 through 10.
The title Más allá de las
palabras, or Beyond Words, reflects the primary goal
of this program: to ensure a smooth transition from the practical
knowledge of Spanish that is necessary to carry out daily tasks to
a deeper understanding of the language and cultures of the Hispanic
ISBN 978-0-470-43240-2: Más allá de las palabras: A Complete Program in Intermediate Spanish, Textbook and Annotated Instructor's Manual, 2nd Edition (Instructor's Edition).
ISBN 978-0-470-04942-6: Más allá de las palabras: A Complete Program in Intermediate Spanish, Activities Manual, 2nd Edition
ISBN 978-0-470-41802-4: Más allá de las palabras: A Complete Program in Intermediate Spanish, BRV, 2nd Edition
ISBN 978-0-470-49442-4: WileyPLUS Premium Stand alone to accompany Más allá de las palabras: A Complete Program in Intermediate Spanish, 2nd Edition
ISBN : 978-0-470-43699-8: WileyPLUS Stand alone to accompany Más allá de las palabras: A Complete Program in Intermediate Spanish, 2nd Edition
Capítulo 2: Las relaciones de nuestra gente
Capítulo 3: Nuestra comunidad bilingüe
Capítulo 4: La diversidad de nuestras costumbres y creencias
Capítulo 5: Nuestra herencia indígena, africana y española
Capítulo 6: Mexico y España: Idiosincrasias, rivalidad y reconciliación
Capítulo 7: Culturas hispanas del Caribe: Paisajes variados
Capítulo 8: Centroamérica: Mirada al futuro sin olvidar el pasado
Capítulo 9: Países andinos: Sudor del sol y lágrimas de la luna
Capítulo 10: Países del cono sur: Superación de indecibles obstáculos
- One volume program versus two volumes in the first edition.
- New communicative activities being added throughout the textbook.
- Viaje virtual, a new pedagogical box, has been added to the Ven a conocer section to connect students with current events.
- More vocabulary and speaking practice with the addition of the new section "Vocabulario para conversar".
- Reorganized and expanded vocabulary glossaries and lists.
- Five new literary reading pieces will be added to the first half of the book.
- Activities Manual and video component include additional listening comprehension practice.
- Activities Manual is now offered in both paper and electronic format (WileyPLUS).
- New and exciting video program will be offered.
- New annotations in the margins for instructors with extra information and answers on activities, supplements, and ACTFL standards.
- Graduated learning and a smooth transition between the first and second year of language study.
- Rich and effective combination of culture and language: Each chapter focuses on a set of topics related to a broad cultural theme and fully integrates it with language skills covered in the chapter.
- Recycling icons being added for instructors to refer to already known or introduced grammar and vocabulary.
- Simplified instructional techniques: To facilitate the learning process, each chapter follows a structure that divides complex activities into subtasks and builds up gradually.
- Strong Integration between listening and reading input with speaking and writing strategies.
- Miniconferencia: Creative listening comprehension techniques that seek to give students listening strategies that will prepare them for future courses in literature and civilization.
- Innovative reading comprehension techniques: Encourage students to pause at different points throughout a reading, consider what they have read, and double-check their comprehension.
- Motivational approach to reading literature: Literary selections are thematically grouped by regions and cultures of the Hispanic world.
- Opportunities to discuss current issues pertaining to different Hispanic cultures.
- Concise and clear presentation of grammar.
- Integration of grammar and content.
- Wiley E-Texts are powered by VitalSource technologies e-book software.
- With Wiley E-Texts you can access your e-book how and where you want to study: Online, Download and Mobile.
- Wiley e-texts are non-returnable and non-refundable.
- WileyPLUS registration codes are NOT included with the Wiley E-Text. For informationon WileyPLUS, click here .
- To learn more about Wiley e-texts, please refer to our FAQ.
- E-books are offered as e-Pubs or PDFs. To download and read them, users must install Adobe Digital Editions (ADE) on their PC.
- E-books have DRM protection on them, which means only the person who purchases and downloads the e-book can access it.
- E-books are non-returnable and non-refundable.
- To learn more about our e-books, please refer to our FAQ.