Remote Sensing and Image Interpretation, 6th Edition
November 2007, ©2008
2. Elements of Photographic Systems.
3. Basic Principles of Photogrammetry.
4. Introduction to Visual Image Interpretation.
5. Multispectral, Thermal and Hyperspectral Sensing.
6. Earth Resource Satellites Operating in the Opticak Spectrum.
7. Digital Image Interpretation and Analysis.
8. Microwave and Lidar Sensing.
Appendix A Radiometric Concepts, Terminology and Units.
Appendix B Remote Sensing Data and Information Resources.
Appendix C Sample Coordinate Transformation and Resampling Procedures.
Appendix D Radar Signal Concepts, Terminology and Units.
- Increased emphasis on digital image collection and analysis; expanded coverage of digital cameras, digital orthophoto production, image interpretation for natural disaster asessment.
- New material on the role of satellite systems in sensor webs; object-oriented digital image classification; a new appendix on radar signal concepts, terminology and units.
- New line drawings and many new black and white images and color plates.
- Can be used in a range of course settings such as introduction to remote sensing, introduction to digital image processing, and introduction to image interpretation and photogrammetry.