77-605 Microsoft Office Access 2007
June 2007, ©2008
The program is based upon the same curriculum as the Microsoft IT Certifications to build the skills students need to succeed at work and the preparation they need to validate those skills and get the jobs they seek.
All the support instructors need to deliver great courses on Microsoft software is in the program. Student copies of the textbook include the trial software in select markets and student files for completing homework assignments. Microsoft Updates will bring you the latest information on new products and curriculums and are a part of the program. MOAC is a great way for instructors to get ready to teach.
This text is for an introductory course in Microsoft Office Access 2007 mapping to MOS exam 77-605
What is a Database?
Starting Access and Opening an Existing Database.
Defining Data Needs and Types.
Defining Table Fields.
Defining Data Types for Fields.
Defining Database Tables.
Chapter 2. Create Database Tables.
Creating a Database.
Creating a Blank Database.
Using a Template to Create a Database.
Creating a Database Table.
Creating a Table from a Template.
Creating a Table from Another Table.
Saving a Database.
Chapter 3. Work with Tables / Database Records.
Creating and Modifying Primary Keys.
Defining and Modifying a Primary Key.
Defining and Modifying a Multi-field Primary Key.
Entering, Editing, and Deleting Records.
Navigating Among Records.
Finding and Replacing Data.
Attaching and Detaching Documents.
Sorting Data Within a Table.
Filtering Data Within a Table.
Removing a Filter.
Understanding Table Relationships.
Defining Table Relationships.
Modifying Table Relationships.
Printing Table Relationships.
Chapter 4. Modify Tables and Fields.
Modifying a Database Table.
Modifying Table Properties.
Renaming a Table.
Deleting a Table.
Creating Fields and Modifying Field Properties.
Modifying Field Properties.
Creating and Modifying Multi-Value Fields.
Creating and Modifying Attachment Fields.
Chapter 5. Create Forms.
Creating a Simple Form.
Creating a Form in Design View.
Creating a Datasheet Form.
Sorting Data within a Form.
Filtering Data within a Form.
Chapter 6. Create Reports.
Creating a Simple Report.
Using the Report Wizard.
Creating a Report in Design View.
Sorting Data within a Report.
Filtering Data within a Report.
Chapter 7. Use Controls in Reports and Forms.
Adding a Control.
Binding a Control to a Field.
Defining Control Tab Order.
Creating Conditional Formatting on Controls.
Chapter 8. Create and Modify Queries.
Creating a Query.
Creating a Query from a Table.
Creating a Query from Multiple Tables.
Modifying a Query.
Adding a Table to a Query.
Removing a Table from a Query.
Adding Criteria to a Query.
Sorting Data Within a Query.
Filtering Data Within a Query.
Chapter 9. Advanced Tables.
Creating a Custom Table.
Using the Table Analyzer.
Summarizing Table Data.
Chapter 10. Advanced Forms.
Creating a Multi-Item Form.
Creating a Split Form.
Creating a Subform.
Creating a PivotTable Form.
Creating a Form Using Layout View.
Chapter 11. Advanced Reports.
Defining Group Headers.
Creating Aggregate Fields.
Creating the Print Layout.
Using the Label Wizard.
Chapter 12. Advanced Queries.
Creating Action Queries.
Creating Crosstab Queries.
Creating a Subquery.
Saving a Filter as a Query.
Advanced Query Modification.
Creating a Join.
Creating a Calculated Query Field.
Adding an Alias to a Query Field.
Creating Aggregated Queries.
Chapter 13. Display and Share Data.
Creating a Chart.
Formatting a Chart.
Formatting a Chart.
Changing Chart Types.
Saving a Database Object as Another File Type.
Printing a Database Object.
Chapter 14. Import and Export Data.
Importing Data from a Specific Source.
Linking to an External Data Source.
Saving and Running Import Specifications.
Exporting from a Table.
Exporting from a Query.
Saving and Running Export Specifications.
Chapter 15. Database Tools.
Backing Up a Database.
Compacting and Repairing a Database.
Saving as a Previous Version.
Splitting a Database.
Managing a Database.
Using the Linked Table Manager.
Encrypting a Database
Setting Database Properties
Identifying Object Dependencies
Using the Database Documenter
- 180 day trial version of Microsoft Office Professional Edition 2007 packaged with corresponding textbook in select markets
- Task based approach to learning software uses, features, and commands
- L1 Assessment and Learning software from Certiport available with the book
- Microsoft Updates – Technology and curriculum seminars delivered through the Wiley Faculty Network
- L2 Certification Assessment from Certiport available with the book
- Free MSDNAA license for the department available upon adoption
- Microsoft Certified Application Specialist mapping throughout the text The certification exam objectives are introduced and summarized in each lesson, and they are called out at the point of introduction throughout the lesson
- Three levels of assessment at the end of each chapter build student confidence from competence to proficiency to mastery
- A wealth of authentic business scenarios are introduced and used in each lesson
- Early introduction of hands on activities in each lesson
- Wiley E-Texts are powered by VitalSource technologies e-book software.
- With Wiley E-Texts you can access your e-book how and where you want to study: Online, Download and Mobile.
- Wiley e-texts are non-returnable and non-refundable.
- WileyPLUS registration codes are NOT included with the Wiley E-Text. For informationon WileyPLUS, click here .
- To learn more about Wiley e-texts, please refer to our FAQ.
- E-books are offered as e-Pubs or PDFs. To download and read them, users must install Adobe Digital Editions (ADE) on their PC.
- E-books have DRM protection on them, which means only the person who purchases and downloads the e-book can access it.
- E-books are non-returnable and non-refundable.
- To learn more about our e-books, please refer to our FAQ.