Wiley Pathways Selling, 1st Edition
March 2007, ©2008
Chapter 2: Ethical and Legal Issues in Selling
Chapter 3: Why People Buy: Understanding Buyer Behavior
Chapter 4: Communication Skills for Relationship Building
Chapter 5: Prospecting
Chapter 6: Planning the Sales Call
Chapter 7: Making the Sales Call
Chapter 8: Elements of a Great Sales Presentation
Chapter 9: Responding to Objections
Chapter 10: Closing the Sale
Chapter 11: After the Sale: Service to Build the Partnership
Chapter 12: Time and Territory Management: Keys to Success
Chapter 13: Managing and Training Others
- Pre-test: Pre-reading assessment tool in multiple-choice format. Introduces chapter material and helps students get an idea of what they know and where they need to focus their efforts.
- What You ll Learn in this Chapter and After Studying this Chapter: Presents the subject matter that the student will learn and emphasizes capabilities and skills students will build.
- Goals and Outcomes. These lists identify specific student capabilities that will result from reading the chapter. They help the student set expectations and show them what to reach
- Figures and tables. Line art and photos are carefully chosen to be instructional. Tables distill and present information clearly so students can focus on the essential ideas
- Introduction. This section orients the student by introducing the chapter and explaining its importance. Short summaries of chapter sections preview the topics to follow.
- Chapters. Each chapter is broken down into an average of four or five concise sections. A short assessment is provided at the end of each section.
- For Example Boxes: Found within each segment, a real world example is anchored to each section that illustrates and applies the preceding content.
- Self-Check: Short answer questions at the end of the chapter let students know if they ve mastered the content. Each question set includes a link to a section of the pre-test for further review.
- Summary: Each chapter concludes with a summary paragraph that captures and reviews the major concepts in the chapter and links back to the What you ll learn list
- Key Terms and Glossary: A convenient list of all terms that appear in boldfaced throughout the chapter are listed at the end of the chapter and in the glossary
- Summary Questions help students summarize the chapter s main points by asking a series of multiple choice and true/false questions that emphasize how well they understand the concepts and content
- Review Questions in short answer format review the major points in each chapter. It encourages critical thinking skills while reinforcing and confirming that the concepts and content are understood.
- Applying this Chapter Questions drive home key ideas by asking students to combine and apply chapter concepts to new, real-life situations and scenarios.
- You Try It! Questions encourage students to draw conclusions using chapter material applied to real-world situations, which promotes both mastery of the content and independent learning.
- Post-test should be taken after students have completed the chapter. It includes all of the questions in the pre-test, so that students can see how their learning has progressed and improved.
"The book is laid out in a logical sequence that uses a sound 'building block' approach that fosters the learning process. This is a meaningful; straight forward approach to an often misunderstood and poorly presented topic." - Professor Roger King, Miami International University of Art and Design