Principles of Physical Optics
January 2008, ©2008
Breathing a breath of fresh air into the field of optics, Principles of Physical Optics is the first new entry in the field in the last 20 years. It provides readers with a completely modern approach to the subject, covering a wide range of topics. This includes detailed discussions on geometric optics, superposition and interference, and diffraction. Readers will also find the latest information on lasers, optical imaging, polarization, and nonlinear optics.
1. The Physics of Waves
2. Electromagnetic Waves and Photons
3. Reflection And Refraction
4. Geometric Optics
5.Superposition and Interference
8. Optical Imaging
9. Polarization and Nonlinear Optics
Provides a transition for those students in introductory physics learning basic calculus when entering more senior level classes.
Early chapters provide adequate scaffolding to help students with weaker math backgrounds.
Includes numerous example problems to illustrate both math and physics principles throughout the text.
Both relevant and interesting to students with more advanced preparation.
Houses non-essential topics in appendices or starred sections.
Wiley Instructor Companion Site
ENHANCE YOUR COURSE
Wiley Student Companion Site
- Wiley E-Texts are powered by VitalSource technologies e-book software.
- With Wiley E-Texts you can access your e-book how and where you want to study: Online, Download and Mobile.
- Wiley e-texts are non-returnable and non-refundable.
- WileyPLUS registration codes are NOT included with the Wiley E-Text. For informationon WileyPLUS, click here .
- To learn more about Wiley e-texts, please refer to our FAQ.
- E-books are offered as e-Pubs or PDFs. To download and read them, users must install Adobe Digital Editions (ADE) on their PC.
- E-books have DRM protection on them, which means only the person who purchases and downloads the e-book can access it.
- E-books are non-returnable and non-refundable.
- To learn more about our e-books, please refer to our FAQ.