Fundamentals of Geographical Information Systems, 4th Edition
April 2008, ©2009
Chapter 1: Introduction to Digital Geography.
Unit 2. Digital Geographic Data and Maps.
Chapter 2. Basic Geographic Concepts.
Chapter 3. Map Basics.
Chapter 4. GIS: Computer Structure Basics.
Chapter 5. GIS Data Models.
Unit 3. Input, Storage, and Editing.
Chapter 6. GIS Input.
Chapter 7. Data Storage and Editing.
Unit 4. Spatial Analysis.
Chapter 8. Query and Description.
Chapter 9. Measurement.
Chapter 10. Classification.
Chapter 11. Statistical Surfaces.
Chapter 12. Terrain Analysis.
Chapter 13. Spatial Arrangement.
Chapter 14. Map Overlay.
Chapter 15. Cartographic Modeling.
Unit 5. GIS Output.
Chapter 16. Cartography and Visualization.
Unit 6. GIS Design Issues.
Chapter 17. GIS Design.
- New introductory chapter, Spatial Learner s Permit makes this text even more accessible to students without GIS backgrounds.
- More in-depth examination of the underlying computer science behind GIS.
- Expanded coverage of the increasingly robust literature on cartographic visualization.
- Explicit learning objectives at the beginning of each chapter detail precisely what students will be expected to know, allowing professors to create lesson plans and strategies to match.
- End-of-chapter questions test students' knowledge of key concepts.
- Wiley E-Texts are powered by VitalSource technologies e-book software.
- With Wiley E-Texts you can access your e-book how and where you want to study: Online, Download and Mobile.
- Wiley e-texts are non-returnable and non-refundable.
- WileyPLUS registration codes are NOT included with the Wiley E-Text. For informationon WileyPLUS, click here .
- To learn more about Wiley e-texts, please refer to our FAQ.
- E-books are offered as e-Pubs or PDFs. To download and read them, users must install Adobe Digital Editions (ADE) on their PC.
- E-books have DRM protection on them, which means only the person who purchases and downloads the e-book can access it.
- E-books are non-returnable and non-refundable.
- To learn more about our e-books, please refer to our FAQ.