Educational Research: A Contextual Approach
October 2009, ©2010
The book has been created with a breadth and depth fitting a higher level course, yet is clear enough to accommodate students in advanced undergraduate classes. Set up in a modular format, this easy to read text can be followed in chronological order, or chapters can be used out of sequence to better serve your classroom needs. Rich in pedagogical features, Educational Research offers several elements that help the student to synthesize the main ideas of each chapter into the context of a real world researcher.
Chapter 2: Research topics
Chapter 3: Research reports
Chapter 4: Ethics and sampling
Chapter 5: Measurement
Chapter 6: Validity and reliability
Chapter 7: Experimental designs
Chapter 8: Single-participant designs
Chapter 9: Non-experimental designs
Chapter 10: Descriptive statistics
Chapter 11: Inferential statistics
Chapter 12: Statistical representation
Chapter 13: Ethnographies and case studies
Chapter 14: Content analysis and historical research
Chapter 15: Mixed-methods designs
Chapter 16: Action research
Chapter 17: Evaluation research
Chapter 18: Research into practice
- Each chapter features 3 "Spotlight on Research" sections consisting of an excerpt from relevant published research.
- Discussions of research studies throughout the text provide a meaningful context for the material.
- Each chapter provides suggestions for further reading, many of which can be found on the texts companion website. Additionally, the website provides extra readings, and links to added resources.
- The text offers a comprehensive, balanced look at major Educational Research topics. Additionally, topics such as research ethics and program evaluation are covered in greater detail than most books.
- The text provides several methods for students to apply newly acquired knowledge such as end of chapter exercises as well as the feature, "Applications: A guide for the beginning researcher."
- Wiley E-Texts are powered by VitalSource and accessed via the VitalSource Bookshelf reader, available online and via a downloadable app.
- Wiley E-Texts are accessible online and offline, and can be read on a variety of devices, including smartphones and tablets.
- Wiley E-Texts are non-returnable and non-refundable.
- Wiley E-Texts are protected by DRM. For specific DRM policies, please refer to our FAQ.
- WileyPLUS registration codes are NOT included with any Wiley E-Text. For informationon WileyPLUS, click here .
- To learn more about Wiley E-Texts, please refer to our FAQ.
- E-books are offered as e-Pubs or PDFs. To download and read them, users must install Adobe Digital Editions (ADE) on their PC.
- E-books have DRM protection on them, which means only the person who purchases and downloads the e-book can access it.
- E-books are non-returnable and non-refundable.
- To learn more about our e-books, please refer to our FAQ.