Mathematics Methods for Elementary and Middle School Teachers, 6th Edition
November 2007, ©2008
2. Culturally Relevant Mathematics.
3. The Development of Mathematical Proficiency: Using Learning Research, Assessment, and Effective Instruction.
4. Middle School Mathematics.
5. Problem Solving.
6. Early Childhood Mathematics -- Number Readiness.
7. Operations and Number Sense.
8. Numeration and Number Sense.
9. Operations with Whole Numbers.
10. Common Fractions and Decimals.
11. Percent, Ratio, Proportion, and Rate.
12. Geometry and Spatial Reasoning.
14. Algebra and Algebraic Thinking.
15. Data Analysis, Statistics, and Probability.
- A Test Bank that includes over 300 Praxis II style questions for instructors to use.
- Expanded technology resources that can be integrated into the content chapters in particular.
- Chapters open with the latest NCTM Curriculum Focal Points that are related to that chapter's content.
- The text attempts to bring students' cultural heritage into various teaching situations. Equity for all students to earn quality mathematics is modeled.
- Each chapter contains PRAXIS-style practice questions with more available online.
- Journal and portfolio assessment techniques are included in each chapter where appropriate.
- Video vignettes emphasize the power of modeling good teaching practices for quality mathematical understanding. Available online.
- Wiley E-Texts are powered by VitalSource and accessed via the VitalSource Bookshelf reader, available online and via a downloadable app.
- Wiley E-Texts are accessible online and offline, and can be read on a variety of devices, including smartphones and tablets.
- Wiley E-Texts are non-returnable and non-refundable.
- Wiley E-Texts are protected by DRM. For specific DRM policies, please refer to our FAQ.
- WileyPLUS registration codes are NOT included with any Wiley E-Text. For informationon WileyPLUS, click here .
- To learn more about Wiley E-Texts, please refer to our FAQ.
- E-books are offered as e-Pubs or PDFs. To download and read them, users must install Adobe Digital Editions (ADE) on their PC.
- E-books have DRM protection on them, which means only the person who purchases and downloads the e-book can access it.
- E-books are non-returnable and non-refundable.
- To learn more about our e-books, please refer to our FAQ.