Principles of Water Resources: History, Development, Management, and Policy, 3rd Edition
August 2009, ©2010
Chapter 2: The Hydrologic Cycle, Climate, And Weather.
Chapter 3: Surface Water Hydrology.
Chapter 4: Groundwater Hydrology.
Chapter 5: Water Quality.
Chapter 6: Municipal And Irrigation Water Development.
Chapter 7: Dams.
Chapter 8: Water Allocation Law.
Chapter 9: Federal Water Agencies.
Chapter 10: Local, Regional, State, And Multistate Water Management Agencies.
Chapter 11: Drinking Water And Wastewater Treatment.
Chapter 12: Water, Fish, And Wildlife.
Chapter 13: The Economics Of Water.
Chapter 14: Water Use Conflicts.
Chapter 15: Emerging Water Issues.
Photo And Illustration Credits.
• Both “Closer Look” and “Sidebar Discussion” sections have been updated and added to reflect current trends and issues in water resources.
• Chapter 5 includes a new section on selenium.
• Maps and images have been updated and added throughout the text.
• The Transport and Deposition section has been moved to the end of Chapter 3 to improve the sequence of the material.
• A valuable reference containing the most current and up-to-date information on Water Resources.
• Wide-ranging coverage of a variety of relevant topics in the field of water resources rarely found in a single text.
• A respected author in the field over 20 years, Tom Cech developed programs and shaped policy in the areas of water quality, water rights, endangered species, water development, and water education.