Marketing Research Essentials, 7th Edition
December 2009, ©2010
The new 7th Edition encourages students to view marketing research through the eyes of a manager using and purchasing information while maintaining solid competitive coverage of quantitative methods. Students using this world-leading market research text will be introduced to actual data samples, real-world case problems, and methods tried and tested in the real world.
1 The Role of Marketing Research in Management Decision Making.
2 Problem Definition, Exploratory Research, and the Research Process.
3 Secondary Data and Databases.
4 Qualitative Research.
5 Traditional Survey Research.
6 Online Marketing Research.
7 Primary Data Collection: Observation.
8 Primary Data Collection: Experimentation and Test Markets.
9 The Concept of Measurement and Attitude Scales.
10 Questionnaire Design.
11 Basic Sampling Issues.
12 Sample Size Determination.
13 Data Processing, Fundamental Data Analysis, and the Statistical Testing of Differences.
14 Bivariate Correlation and Regression.
15 Communicating Research Results and Managing Marketing Research.
- Larger emphasis on marketing research as much more than computing sample size or conducting a focus group.
- New attitude scales coverage.
- New examples and mini-cases featuring a broad range of contemporary companies, including those from top health care market research providers, to which students can relate.
- Inclusion of the latest technology products to further engage students.
- More real-world examples including opening vignettes for each chapter and boxed inserts that provide relevant material from the popular press.
- Enhanced features, such as Making it Work: Concepts are demonstrated and fully explained. "If one has this level of measurement, i.e. ordinal, then these are the appropriate statistical tests to use."
- Real-World Orientation. Throughout the text, Cases, Chapter-Opening Vignettes, Marketing Research War Stories, and Ethical Dilemmas connect the materials to the real world of marketing research, as it's practiced in today's top firms.
- Focus on the research user. Continues to present marketing research through the eyes of a manager using, or purchasing marketing research information.
- Chapter-Opening Vignettes discuss prominent companies/products.
- Marketing Research Across the Organization features present a series of questions and scenarios that require students to consider the impact of marketing research on basic business activities related to finance, production, human resources, and so forth.
- Real-life Ethical Dilemmas such as protecting the anonymity of children online and allowing researchers to interview children at school for cash.
- Marketing research War Stories. Short, amusing anecdotes about the trials and tribulations of conducting marketing research.
- SPSS Exercises at the end of the quantitative chapters give students easy to follow, hands-on experience with this professional level statistical package.
- Inclusion of the latest version of SPSS