Systems Analysis and Design, 4th Edition
December 2008, ©2009
Building on their experience as professional systems analysts and award-winning teachers, authors Dennis, Wixom, and Roth capture the experience of developing and analyzing systems in a way that students can understand and apply.
With Systems Analysis and Design, 4th edition, students will leave the course with experience that is a rich foundation for further work as a systems analyst.
2) Project Selection and Management
3) Requirements Determination
4) Use Case Analysis
5) Process Modeling
6) Data Modeling
7) Moving Into Design
8) Architecture Design
9) User Interface Design
10) Program Design
11) Data Storage Design
12) Moving Into Implementation
13) Transition to the New System
14) The Movement to Objects
- New case examples in “Concepts in Action” boxes
- More real-world examples
- Expanded discussion of ERP
- New emphasis on Windows forms rather than traditional data entry screens
- Focus on doing SAD. After presenting the how and what of each major technique, the text guides you through practice problems and invites you to use the technique in a project.
- Project-based approach. Topics are presented in the order in which an analyst would encounter them in a typical project.
- Real-life examples include a running case, which serves as a template that you can apply to your own work, and Concepts in Action examples that describe how real companies succeeded (and failed) in performing SAD activities.
- Object-oriented concepts and techniques are included throughout the book, and a final chapter focuses on the major elements of UML. Coverage is updated to reflect the innovations of UML Version 2.0.
- Wiley E-Texts are powered by VitalSource and accessed via the VitalSource Bookshelf reader, available online and via a downloadable app.
- Wiley E-Texts are accessible online and offline, and can be read on a variety of devices, including smartphones and tablets.
- Wiley E-Texts are non-returnable and non-refundable.
- Wiley E-Texts are protected by DRM. For specific DRM policies, please refer to our FAQ.
- WileyPLUS registration codes are NOT included with any Wiley E-Text. For informationon WileyPLUS, click here .
- To learn more about Wiley E-Texts, please refer to our FAQ.
- E-books are offered as e-Pubs or PDFs. To download and read them, users must install Adobe Digital Editions (ADE) on their PC.
- E-books have DRM protection on them, which means only the person who purchases and downloads the e-book can access it.
- E-books are non-returnable and non-refundable.
- To learn more about our e-books, please refer to our FAQ.