Essentials of Business Processes and Information Systems
January 2009, ©2009
Chapter 2: Enterprise Systems.
Chapter 3: The Procurement Process.
Chapter 4: The Fulfillment Process.
Chapter 5: The Production Process.
Chapter 6: Integrated Processes.
Jeff Word, Vice President of Product Strategy, SAP AG. Mr. Word is responsible for defining SAP’s future product strategy and fostering product innovation inside SAP.
Mr.. Word has more than 14 years’ experience in business consulting and IT strategy working for Global 1000 companies in the high tech industry. Over the last 8 years at SAP, he has driven the evolution of enterprise technology strategy with focus on corporate process improvement initiatives and services-based IT architecture design.
Mr.. Word is currently completing a doctorate in Information Systems at Manchester Business School in England. His research focus is on event-driven process design and next-generation enterprise architecture. He earned an MBA in International Management from the Thunderbird School of Global Management (1999.)
- Case Study: The book illustrates all of the key concepts by utilizing a straightforward case study of an individual company throughout the book. The case describes a manufacturing organization in terms of its key processes. Student assignments are also based on this case.
- A 2-Step Learning Process: Students will first execute processes on paper (i.e., create the process flowcharts and documents associated with the process) then execute them in a simulated SAP® environment.
- Simulated SAP Environment: Assignments and exercises in the textbook can be completed using the market-leading enterprise software, SAP®. This book is written in partnership with SAP® and includes access to a hosted system that simulates the use of the most recent SAP® software. Access to a live SAP® system or membership in the SAP University Alliance will not be required to use the simulated environment. This simulated SAP® environment is indistinguishable from an actual system. Assignments are automatically graded and data regarding the assignment will be submitted to the instructor.
- Wiley E-Texts are powered by VitalSource and accessed via the VitalSource Bookshelf reader, available online and via a downloadable app.
- Wiley E-Texts are accessible online and offline, and can be read on a variety of devices, including smartphones and tablets.
- Wiley E-Texts are non-returnable and non-refundable.
- Wiley E-Texts are protected by DRM. For specific DRM policies, please refer to our FAQ.
- WileyPLUS registration codes are NOT included with any Wiley E-Text. For informationon WileyPLUS, click here .
- To learn more about Wiley E-Texts, please refer to our FAQ.
- E-books are offered as e-Pubs or PDFs. To download and read them, users must install Adobe Digital Editions (ADE) on their PC.
- E-books have DRM protection on them, which means only the person who purchases and downloads the e-book can access it.
- E-books are non-returnable and non-refundable.
- To learn more about our e-books, please refer to our FAQ.