Analysis and Design of Analog Integrated Circuits, 5th Edition
January 2009, ©2009
A thorough analysis of a new low-voltage bipolar operational amplifier has been added to Chapters 6, 7, 9, and 11.
Chapter 12 has been updated to include a fully differential folded cascode operational amplifier example. With its streamlined and up-to-date coverage, more engineers will turn to this resource to explore key concepts in the field.
2. Bipolar, MOS, and BiCMOS Integrated-Circuit Technology
3. Single-Transistor and Multiple-Transistor Amplifiers
4. Current Mirrors, Active Loads, and References
5. Output Stages
6. Operational Amplifiers with Single-Ended Outputs
7. Frequency Response of Integrated Circuits
9. Frequency Response and Stability of Feedback Amplifiers
10. Nonlinear Analog Circuits
11. Noise in Integrated Circuits
12. Fully Differential Operational Amplifiers
- Coverage of Bipolar 741 Op Amp: The coverage of the bipolar 741 op amp has been replaced with a low-voltage bipolar op amp, the NE5234, with rail-to-rail common-mode input range and almost rail-to-rail output swing.
- Use of SPICE: Extensive use of SPICE is included in this new edition. SPICE is used as an integral part of many problems and computer analysis is used as it is most commonly employed in the engineering design process -- both as a more accurate check on hand calculations, and also as a tool to examine complex circuit behavior beyond the scope of hand analysis.
- Coverage of cutting edge topics—more advanced CMOS device electronics to include short-channel effects, weak inversion and impact ionization.
- State-of-the-art IC processes that show students how modern integrated circuits are fabricated, including recent issues like heterojunction bipolar transistors, copper interconnect and low permittivity dielectric materials.
- Comprehensive and unified treatment of bipolar and CMOS circuits that helps students design real-world amplifiers in silicon.
- A number of open-ended design problems, included in the problem sets, exposes the reader to real-world situations where a range of circuit solutions may be found to satisfy a given performance specification.
- Extensive use of the SPICE computer analysis computer programs and is an integral part of many examples in the problem sets.
- Wiley E-Texts are powered by VitalSource and accessed via the VitalSource Bookshelf reader, available online and via a downloadable app.
- Wiley E-Texts are accessible online and offline, and can be read on a variety of devices, including smartphones and tablets.
- Wiley E-Texts are non-returnable and non-refundable.
- Wiley E-Texts are protected by DRM. For specific DRM policies, please refer to our FAQ.
- WileyPLUS registration codes are NOT included with any Wiley E-Text. For informationon WileyPLUS, click here .
- To learn more about Wiley E-Texts, please refer to our FAQ.
- E-books are offered as e-Pubs or PDFs. To download and read them, users must install Adobe Digital Editions (ADE) on their PC.
- E-books have DRM protection on them, which means only the person who purchases and downloads the e-book can access it.
- E-books are non-returnable and non-refundable.
- To learn more about our e-books, please refer to our FAQ.