Interactions: Exploring the Functions of the HumanBody, 3.0 - DVD
August 2008, ©2009
There are nine CDs in the series. These include:
- Regulations: The Nervous and Endocrine Systems
- Support and Movement: The Skeletal and Muscular Systems
- Distribution: The Cardiovascular and Lymphatic Systems
- Disease Resistance: The Integumentary, Lymphatic and Immune Systems
- Energy Acquisition and Use: The Digestive System and Metabolism
- Gas Exchange and pH Balance: The Respiratory System
- Balancing Fluids and pH: The Urinary System
- Continuity: The Reproductive System and Development
Regulations: The Nervous and Endocrine Systems
Support and Movement: The Skeletal and Muscular Systems
Distributions: The Cardiovascular and Lymphatic Systems
Disease Resistance: The Integumentary, Lymphatic and Immune Systems
Energy Acquisition and Use: The Digestive System and Metabolism
Gas Exchange and pH Balance: The Respiratory System
Balancing Fluids and pH: The Urinary System
Continuity: The Reproductive System and Development
- Animations -- Key physiological processes are brought to life. The CD contains a number of animations that help students comprehend key processes that change over time. The animations in Foundations are focused on cellular and molecular processes.
- Anatomy Reviews – Illustrations, histology, and cadaver photographs linked to function. These reviews aid student understanding of the processes and the anatomical features that are important in these processes.
- Interactive Exercises -- Relate to the animations and actively reinforce knowledge that has previously been studied. These exercises help reinforce critical thinking and problem solving skills. These exercises also present the students with a useful tool for gauging their understanding of the important concepts.
- Clinical Correlations – Provide relevancy to concepts and content. Not found in other software programs this extremely helpful to those students who are going on to study for a profession in allied health. This helps the students relate to the concepts they are studying.
- Concept Maps and Links – Promotes critical thinking – link content to the big picture. Not found in other programs, this helps students develop key problem solving skills
- Flexible Navigation – Dynamic tools allowing quick access to content the way you want it. The program is designed to let the user access the exact content when they need it.
- A number of Functionality tools including Presentation Values and Tools, a Notebook Feature and links to course websites, Blackboard or WebCT.
- Quality, Consistent, Solid Content – Written by instructors who have decades of experience teaching Anatomy and Physiology. These authors continue to teach and are familiar with the needs of today’s students.
- Authoritative and Innovative Art Program – illustrated by medical illustrators and not just graphic artists. This is reflected in the high attention to detail and the intricacies found at the cellular and molecular level.