2007 Microsoft Office System: A Resource for Teachers
November 2008, ©2009
1 Teaching and Learning with Digital Technologies 1
2 Microsoft Office—A Tool for Teachers and Students 16
3 Planning for Learning with Word 36
4 Guiding Learning with Word 64
5 Planning for Learning with PowerPoint 89
6 Guiding Learning with PowerPoint 106
7 Planning for Learning with Excel Spreadsheets 125
8 Guiding Learning with Excel Spreadsheets 159
9 Planning for Learning with Access Databases 196
10 Guiding Learning with Access Databases 218
Dr. John K Lee is an associate professor of social studies and middle grades at North Carolina State University. He conducts research in the areas of digital history and new literacies learning.
Each chapter includes a "Chapter Challenge Problem" classroom problem, situation, or example to set the stage for the emphasis in the chapter.
Chapter Guiding Questions providing basic outlines of the important facts presented within the chapter.
Chapter Skills Matrix: in every chapter, the Microsoft Office 2007 basic features are summarized in a matrix form to provide a quick reference to specific ideas in the chapter.
Expand Your Digital Filing Cabinet: each chapter includes ideas you might consider for adding to your personal digital filing cabinet. These ideas are described in Resource Cards, Lesson Plans, or even in descriptions for you to put them in the form you prefer.
End-of-Chapter Activities. Each chapter concludes with:
Reflection and Discussion
These activities provide learning challenges to extend knowledge and skills with the particular applications.
- Wiley E-Texts are powered by VitalSource and accessed via the VitalSource Bookshelf reader, available online and via a downloadable app.
- Wiley E-Texts are accessible online and offline, and can be read on a variety of devices, including smartphones and tablets.
- Wiley E-Texts are non-returnable and non-refundable.
- Wiley E-Texts are protected by DRM. For specific DRM policies, please refer to our FAQ.
- WileyPLUS registration codes are NOT included with any Wiley E-Text. For informationon WileyPLUS, click here .
- To learn more about Wiley E-Texts, please refer to our FAQ.
- E-books are offered as e-Pubs or PDFs. To download and read them, users must install Adobe Digital Editions (ADE) on their PC.
- E-books have DRM protection on them, which means only the person who purchases and downloads the e-book can access it.
- E-books are non-returnable and non-refundable.
- To learn more about our e-books, please refer to our FAQ.