Textbook of Biochemistry with Clinical Correlations, 7th Edition
January 2010, ©2010
Chapter 1 Eukaryotic Cell Structure (Thomas M. Devlin).
Chapter 2 DNA and RNA: Composition and Structure (Stephen A. Woski and Francis J. Schmidt).
Chapter 3 Proteins I: Composition and Structure (Richard M. Schultz).
PART II TRANSMISSION OF INFORMATION
Chapter 4 DNA Replication, Recombination, and Repair (Howard J. Edenberg).
Chapter 5 RNA: Transcription and RNA Processing (Frank J. Schmidt and David R. Setzer).
Chapter 6 Protein Synthesis: Translation and Posttranslational Modifications (Dohn Glitz).
Chapter 7 Recombinant DNA and Biotechnology (Gerald Soslau).
Chapter 8 Regulation of Gene Expression (Daniel L. Weeks and John E. Donelson).
PART III FUNCTIONS OF PROTEINS.
Chapter 9 Proteins II: Structure-Function Relationships in Protein Families (Richard M. Schultz).
Chapter 10 Enzymes: Classification, Kinetics, and Control (Henry Weiner).
Chapter 11 The Cytochromes P450 and Nitric Oxide Synthases (Linda J. Roman and Bettie Sue Siler Masters).
Chapter 12 Biological Membranes: Structure, Receptors, and Solute Transport (Thomas M. Devlin).
Chapter 13: Fundamentals of Signal Transduction (George R. Dubyak).
PART IV METABOLIC PATHWAYS AND THEIR CONTROL.
Chapter 14 Bioenergetics, Mitochondria, and Oxidative Metabolism (Diana S. Beattie).
Chapter 15 Carbohydrate Metabolism I: Major Metabolic Pathways and Their Control (Robert A. Harris).
Chapter 16 Carbohydrate Metabolism II: Special Pathways and Glycoconjugates (Nancy B Schwartz).
Chapter 17 Lipid Metabolism I: Synthesis, Storage, and Utilization of Fatty Acids and Triacylglycerols (Martin D. Snider, J. Denis McGarry, and Richard W. Hanson).
Chapter 18 Lipid Metabolism II: Pathways of Metabolism of Special Lipids (Robert H. Glew).
Chapter 19 Amino Acid and Heme Metabolism (Marguerite W. Coomes).
Chapter 20 Purine and Pyrimidine Nucleotide Metabolism (Joseph G. Cory and Ann H. Cory).
Chapter 21 Metabolic Interrelationships (Robert A. Harris and David W. Crabb).
Chapter 22 Biochemistry of Hormones (Thomas J. Schmidt).
PART V PHYSIOLOGICAL PROCESSES
Chapter 23 Molecular Cell Biology (Thomas E. Smith).
Chapter 24 Cell Cycle, Programmed Cell Death and Cancer (Richard M. Schultz).
Chapter 25 Digestion and Absorption of Basic Nutritional Constituents (Ulrich Hopfer).
Chapter 26 Vitamins and Minerals: Requirements and Function (Stephen G. Chaney).
Chapter 27 Macronutrients: Metabolic Effects and Health Implications (Stephen G. Chaney).
Appendix: Review of Organic Chemistry (Carol N. Angstadt).
Glossary (Francis Vella).
In addition, every chapter has been updated with the latest information and correlations:
- Contains multiple choice questions at the end of each chapter to test knowledge of the topic (50% new)
- Includes a concise appendix reviewing important organic chemistry concepts
- Includes a glossary of important terms
- Contains detailed, full-color illustrations that clearly explain the associated concepts.
- Contains pertinent biochemical abbrevations and normal clinical laboratory values for blood and urine.
- Wiley E-Texts are powered by VitalSource technologies e-book software.
- With Wiley E-Texts you can access your e-book how and where you want to study: Online, Download and Mobile.
- Wiley e-texts are non-returnable and non-refundable.
- WileyPLUS registration codes are NOT included with the Wiley E-Text. For informationon WileyPLUS, click here .
- To learn more about Wiley e-texts, please refer to our FAQ.
- E-books are offered as e-Pubs or PDFs. To download and read them, users must install Adobe Digital Editions (ADE) on their PC.
- E-books have DRM protection on them, which means only the person who purchases and downloads the e-book can access it.
- E-books are non-returnable and non-refundable.
- To learn more about our e-books, please refer to our FAQ.