Purchasing for Chefs: A Concise Guide, 2nd Edition
October 2009, ©2010
1 Menu Planning.
What Kind of Stuff Should I Sell?
2 Product Quality.
What Kind of Stuff Should I Buy?
3 Food Vendors.
Who Should I Buy This Stuff From?
4 Purchase Orders.
How Much Stuff Should I Buy?
5 Purchase Prices.
How Do I Get the Best Deal?
6 Ordering Process.
How Do I Actually Buy This Stuff?
7 Inventory Control.
How Do I Keep Track of All This Stuff?
John M. Stefanelli is a Professor in the Food and Beverage Management Department at William F. Harrah College of Hotel Administration at the University of Nevada Las Vegas.
This title has been revised and updated to reflect current purchasing standards in the culinary world
Employee fraud stories to help chefs identify ways to protect their inventory
Two new features have been added to this edition: Professional Advice which provides useful real-world information from culinarians and purchasers in the industry with useful tips on how to best maximize your purchasing dollar, and Practice Problems which presents exercises for the reader to demonstrate understanding of the topics covered in the chapter.
Discussion questions have been expanded
A complete resource for dramatically improving purchasing practices at any establishment where the chef is the heart of the house.
Offers a step-by-step approach to purchasing in a conversational style that not only makes the subject accessible but also makes complex topics easy to understand.
"Apply What You've Learned" questions that present realistic situations
- Web site addresses in each chapter for additional research.
- Wiley E-Texts are powered by VitalSource and accessed via the VitalSource Bookshelf reader, available online and via a downloadable app.
- Wiley E-Texts are accessible online and offline, and can be read on a variety of devices, including smartphones and tablets.
- Wiley E-Texts are non-returnable and non-refundable.
- Wiley E-Texts are protected by DRM. For specific DRM policies, please refer to our FAQ.
- WileyPLUS registration codes are NOT included with any Wiley E-Text. For informationon WileyPLUS, click here .
- To learn more about Wiley E-Texts, please refer to our FAQ.
- E-books are offered as e-Pubs or PDFs. To download and read them, users must install Adobe Digital Editions (ADE) on their PC.
- E-books have DRM protection on them, which means only the person who purchases and downloads the e-book can access it.
- E-books are non-returnable and non-refundable.
- To learn more about our e-books, please refer to our FAQ.