Modeling Random Processes for Engineers and Managers
December 2008, ©2009
1. Probability Review.
2. Formulating Markov Chain Models.
3. Markov Chain Calculations.
4. Rewards on Markov Chains.
5. Continuous Time Markov Processes.
6. Queueing Models.
7. Networks of Queues.
8. Using the Transition Diagram to Computer.
Numerous case studies and examples involving realistic applications that demonstrate versatility of the tools and help ease learning
Gives students access to standard knowledge in elementary stochastic processes but supplements with more, including spreadsheet calculations and less conventional material
Unique approach to computation: relates
computational solutions to visually recognizable subgraphs of the
transition diagram; equally suitable for either numerical or
- Wiley E-Texts are powered by VitalSource and accessed via the VitalSource Bookshelf reader, available online and via a downloadable app.
- Wiley E-Texts are accessible online and offline, and can be read on a variety of devices, including smartphones and tablets.
- Wiley E-Texts are non-returnable and non-refundable.
- Wiley E-Texts are protected by DRM. For specific DRM policies, please refer to our FAQ.
- WileyPLUS registration codes are NOT included with any Wiley E-Text. For informationon WileyPLUS, click here .
- To learn more about Wiley E-Texts, please refer to our FAQ.
- E-books are offered as e-Pubs or PDFs. To download and read them, users must install Adobe Digital Editions (ADE) on their PC.
- E-books have DRM protection on them, which means only the person who purchases and downloads the e-book can access it.
- E-books are non-returnable and non-refundable.
- To learn more about our e-books, please refer to our FAQ.