Human Geography: People, Place, and Culture, 9th Edition
January 2009, ©2010
4 Local Culture, Popular Culture, and Cultural Landscape.
5 Identity: Race, Ethnicity, Gender, and Sexuality.
8 Political Geography.
9 Urban Geography.
12 Industry and Services.
13 Human Environment.
14 Globalization and the Geography of Networks.
- Data, maps, figures and photos have all been fully updated for the ninth edition.
- Additional Field Notes and Guest Field Notes have been added throughout the text.
- Chapter 2, Population, now features a new section on Medical Geography.
- "From the Field" examine a specific place, its location, what the issues are, geographers' field research and what the authors found in their own observations.
- "Applying geographic knowledge" sections at the end of each chapter, address the key concepts used within the chapter and force students to apply geographic concepts.
- All geographic concepts are shown and explained with the most up-to-date photos, illustrations and maps.
- MAP strengths known to all de Blij titles (Maps, Accuracy, and Photos).
- "Key questions" are listed after the opening field note of each chapter and serve as the outline for the chapter.
- "Thinking Geographically" questions ask the reader to apply a geographic concept to a real life example.