Human Geography: People, Place, and Culture, 9th Edition
January 2009, ©2010
4 Local Culture, Popular Culture, and Cultural Landscape.
5 Identity: Race, Ethnicity, Gender, and Sexuality.
8 Political Geography.
9 Urban Geography.
12 Industry and Services.
13 Human Environment.
14 Globalization and the Geography of Networks.
- Data, maps, figures and photos have all been fully updated for the ninth edition.
- Additional Field Notes and Guest Field Notes have been added throughout the text.
- Chapter 2, Population, now features a new section on Medical Geography.
- "From the Field" examine a specific place, its location, what the issues are, geographers' field research and what the authors found in their own observations.
- "Applying geographic knowledge" sections at the end of each chapter, address the key concepts used within the chapter and force students to apply geographic concepts.
- All geographic concepts are shown and explained with the most up-to-date photos, illustrations and maps.
- MAP strengths known to all de Blij titles (Maps, Accuracy, and Photos).
- "Key questions" are listed after the opening field note of each chapter and serve as the outline for the chapter.
- "Thinking Geographically" questions ask the reader to apply a geographic concept to a real life example.
- Wiley E-Texts are powered by VitalSource technologies e-book software.
- With Wiley E-Texts you can access your e-book how and where you want to study: Online, Download and Mobile.
- Wiley e-texts are non-returnable and non-refundable.
- WileyPLUS registration codes are NOT included with the Wiley E-Text. For informationon WileyPLUS, click here .
- To learn more about Wiley e-texts, please refer to our FAQ.
- E-books are offered as e-Pubs or PDFs. To download and read them, users must install Adobe Digital Editions (ADE) on their PC.
- E-books have DRM protection on them, which means only the person who purchases and downloads the e-book can access it.
- E-books are non-returnable and non-refundable.
- To learn more about our e-books, please refer to our FAQ.