Psychology and the Challenges of Life, 11th Edition
November 2009, ©2010
Chapter 2- Personality
Chapter 3- Stress: What Is It and How to Manage It?
Chapter 4- Psychological Factors and Health
Chapter 5- Developing Healthier Behaviors
Chapter 6- The Self in a Social World
Chapter 7- Social Influence: Being Influenced By- And Influencing- Others
Chapter 8- Psychological Disorders
Chapter 9- Therapies: Ways of Helping
Chapter 10- Gender Roles and Gender Differences
Chapter 11- Interpersonal Attraction: Of Friendship and Love
Chapter 12- Relationships and Communication: Getting From Here to There
Chapter 13- Sexual Behavior
Chapter 14- Adolescent and Adult Development: Going Through Changes
Chapter 15- The Challenges of the Workplace
- A focus on Positive Psychology: the emerging field of positive psychology and its content is integrated and highlighted throughout the text.
- A new feature Psychology and Modern Life focuses on research in positive psychology that addresses the question, "What Makes People Happy?"
- A new and thorough update of the latest research findings and scientific developments relating to processes of psychological adjustment and personal growth.
- A new end-of-chapter feature that provides links to related videos and instructional materials to deepen the students understanding of the text in WileyPLUS.
- WileyPLUS now offered for the first time with this textbook!
- WileyPLUS is an online teaching & learning environment integrating the entire digital textbook with the most effective instruction & student resources to fit every learning style.
- Applies psychological principles to aid readers in meeting the challenges they face in their daily lives, to solve problems, and reach their individual potentials.
- Communicates the scientific nature of psychology through coverage of research methods, and the review of classic and current studies in the field.
- Integrated coverage of human diversity throughout the text.
- Psychology in Daily Life modules help students see how psychological knowledge discussed in the chapter applies to problems and issues of modern life.