Making Choices for Multicultural Education: Five Approaches to Race, Class and Gender, 6th Edition
October 2008, ©2009
Chapter 2: Teaching the Exceptional and the Culturally Different
Chapter 3: Human Relations
Chapter 4: Single-group Studies
Chapter 5: Multicultural Education
Chapter 6: Multicultural Social Justice Education
Chapter 7: Our Choice: Multicultural Social Justice Education
Carl Grant is Professor of Teacher Education in the Department of Curriculum and Instruction at the University Wisconsin-Madison and Chair of the Publication Committee of the American Education Research Association. He is a past president of the National Association for Multicultural Education.
Incorporates the most recent demographic data and literature relevant to ongoing struggles.
Discusses intercultural education as practiced in Europe and Asia and how it differs from multicultural education in the US
Features a stronger global perspective that contextualizes globalization, oppression, and other topics using examples from both the US and other countries
Examines and contextualizes poverty, both personal and group, and its influences on the ideas discussed
- Wiley E-Texts are powered by VitalSource and accessed via the VitalSource Bookshelf reader, available online and via a downloadable app.
- Wiley E-Texts are accessible online and offline, and can be read on a variety of devices, including smartphones and tablets.
- Wiley E-Texts are non-returnable and non-refundable.
- Wiley E-Texts are protected by DRM. For specific DRM policies, please refer to our FAQ.
- WileyPLUS registration codes are NOT included with any Wiley E-Text. For informationon WileyPLUS, click here .
- To learn more about Wiley E-Texts, please refer to our FAQ.
- E-books are offered as e-Pubs or PDFs. To download and read them, users must install Adobe Digital Editions (ADE) on their PC.
- E-books have DRM protection on them, which means only the person who purchases and downloads the e-book can access it.
- E-books are non-returnable and non-refundable.
- To learn more about our e-books, please refer to our FAQ.