The Earth Through Time, 9th Edition
October 2009, ©2010
Now, more than ever, as the media seems to warn us daily of the many environmental dangers we face in the early years of the twenty-first century, a clearer understanding of how each component of our past interacts with and affects our present planet will help us make informed decisions about the many critical environmental issues that confront us. The Earth Through Time, Ninth Edition will illustrate to readers that there are lessons to be learned from ancient life.
Chapter 2. Early Geologists Tackle History's Mysteries
Chapter 3. Time and Geology
Chapter 4. Rocks and Minerals: Documents that Record Earth's History
Chapter 5. The Sedimentary Archives
Chapter 6. Life on Earth: What Do Fossils Reveal?
Chapter 7. Plate Tectonics Underlies All Earth History
Chapter 8. The Earth's Formative Stages and the Archean Eon
Chapter 9. The Proterozoic: Dawn of a More Modern World
Chapter 10. Early Paleozoic Events
Chapter 11. Late Paleozoic Events
Chapter 12. Life of the Paleozoic
Chapter 13. Mesozoic Events
Chapter 14. Life of the Mesozoic
Chapter 15. Cenozoic Events
Chapter 16. Life of the Cenozoic
Chapter 17. Human Origins
• Seventeen chapters have been organized under three major divisions to provide a clearer outline of the subject matter.
• Updated and improved explanations, and better illustrations are found throughout the text.
• Each chapter begins with a concise list of Key Chapter Concepts and ends with a Summary of these essential ideas.
• By using the Questions for Review, students can test their knowledge and further process what they have learned from a chapter.
• A wealth of information is provided to students in the Appendices, including the Classification of Living Things, Periodic Table and Symbols for Chemical Elements, and a Glossary, to name a few.