Understanding Motivation and Emotion, 5th Edition
November 2008, ©2009
Johnmarshall Reeve?s engaging writing captures the excitement of recent advances in the field to show the reader what contemporary motivation psychologists are excited about. Reeve uses effective examples and explains how motivation study can be applied to readers? daily lives. By combining a strong theoretical foundation with current research and practical applications, Reeve provides readers with a valuable tool for understanding why people do what they do and why people feel what they feel.
Chapter 1. Introduction.
Chapter 2. Motivation in Historical and Contemporary Perspectives.
Chapter 3. The Motivated and Emotional Brain.
Part I. Needs.
Chapter 4. Physiological Needs.
Chapter 5. Intrinsic and Extrinsic Motivations.
Chapter 6. Psychological Needs.
Chapter 7. Social Needs.
Part II. Cognitions.
Chapter 8. Goal Setting and Goal Striving.
Chapter 9. Personal Control Beliefs.
Chapter 10. The Self and Its Strivings.
Part III. Emotions.
Chapter 11. Nature of Emotion: Five Perennial Questions.
Chapter 12. Aspects of Emotion.
Part IV. Individual Differences.
Chapter 13. Personality Characteristics.
Chapter 14. Unconscious Motivation.
Chapter 15. Growth Motivation and Positive Psychology.
Chapter 16. Conclusion.
- Increase in the number of new theoretical perspectives and areas of application throughout the text.
- Expansion of theoretical ideas further into practical applications especially in the areas of education, work, therapy, sports, and the home, including parenting.
- Expanded Instructor's Manual/Test Bank: Now includes classroom discussion questions, recommended activities, brief demonstrations of motivational principles, and other tools to help instructors teach.
- Up-to-date coverage
- Clear and concise writing style: Compared to other texts, this book better interprets and translates the research in motivation to ways that are easy to understand.
- Practical and applied perspective on motivation study: Almost every chapter walks the reader through a how-to application, showing students how to motivate themselves and others.
- Wiley E-Texts are powered by VitalSource technologies e-book software.
- With Wiley E-Texts you can access your e-book how and where you want to study: Online, Download and Mobile.
- Wiley e-texts are non-returnable and non-refundable.
- WileyPLUS registration codes are NOT included with the Wiley E-Text. For informationon WileyPLUS, click here .
- To learn more about Wiley e-texts, please refer to our FAQ.
- E-books are offered as e-Pubs or PDFs. To download and read them, users must install Adobe Digital Editions (ADE) on their PC.
- E-books have DRM protection on them, which means only the person who purchases and downloads the e-book can access it.
- E-books are non-returnable and non-refundable.
- To learn more about our e-books, please refer to our FAQ.