Case Studies in Abnormal Psychology, 8th Edition
November 2008, ©2009
Here is a sample of what people are saying about Case Studies in Abnormal Psychology, Eighth Edition:
“The case studies book was by far the most interesting text book I have had for any class. The case studies helped me get a better idea of the disorders through the people that are affected by them.”
"I like the case studies a lot because they were real examples and illustrated the concepts for diseases very well.”
“I loved the case studies book and felt that it added a lot to the textbook and my understanding of each disorder.”
2. Panic Disorder with Agoraphobia.
3. Posttraumatic Stress Disorder: Rape Trauma.
4. Social Phobia.
5. Hypertension in an African American Man.
6. Dissociative Identity Disorder: Multiple Personality.
7. Major Depressive Disorder.
8. Bipolar Mood Disorder.
9. Somatization Disorder.
10. Schizophrenia: Paranoid Type.
11. Psychotic Disorder (NOS), Substance Dependence, and Violence.
12. Alcohol Dependence.
13. Sexual Dysfunction: Female Orgasmic Disorder and Premature Ejaculation.
14. Paraphilias: Exhibitionism and Frotteurism.
15. Gender Identity Disorder: Transsexualism.
16. Eating Disorder: Anorexia Nervosa.
17. Eating Disorder: Bulimia Nervosa.
18. Paranoid Personality Disorder.
19. Borderline Personality Disorder.
20. Antisocial Personality Disorder: Psychopathy.
21. Autistic Disorder.
22. Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder.
23. Oppositional Defiant Disorder.
- One new case has been added describing a childhood disorder. This case provides important coverage of the successful use of treatment procedures combining behavioral and family systems perspectives.
- Critical Thinking Questions: Featured at the end of each chapter and designed to draw the reader's attention to challenging and potentially controversial issues raised by the cases in the text.
- Strong coverage of cultural, ethnic, gender, and women's issues.
- Best known for its in-depth discussion sections.
- Includes a number of transcripts of therapy sessions, giving students a realistic view of psychotherapy.
- Excellent balance in various perspectives and treatments.
- Comprehensive and scholarly.