Web 2.0 for Business
October 2009, ©2010
Covering the emergence of Web 2.0 from niche applications to permeating every day life, the authors explore how popular web applications such as blogging, Facebook, Twitter and other collaborative sites can be applied to business.
Chapter 1 A Brand New Web.
1.1 What is Web 2.0?
1.2 What are the Major Components of Web 2.0?
1.3 A Brief History of Web 2.0.
1.4 Why is Web 2.0 Important?
Chapter 2 Social Networking.
2.1What is Social Networking?
2.2 Getting Connected to a Social Network.
2.3 Social Networking Applications.
2.4 Other Social Networks.
2.5 What is the Future of Social Networking?
Chapter 3 Blogging for Business.
3.1 What is Blogging?
3.2 Overview and Basics
3.3 How to Create Your Own Site.
Chapter 4 Wikis for Business.
4.1 What is a Wiki?
4.2 Major Wiki Sites
4.3 Common Features of Wiki Sites.
4.4 Business and Wikis.
4.5 How Do Wikis Make Money?
4.6 How is a Wiki Different from a Blog?
Chapter 5 Web 2.0 Media.
5.1 What is Web 2.0 Media?
5.2 How Popular is Web 2.0 Media?
5.3 Web 2.0 Media Sites You Should Know.
5.4 Web 2.0 Media: Business, Advertising, and Corporate Uses.
5.5 The Future and Growth Potential of Web 2.0 Media.
Chapter 6 Forums.
6.1 What are Forums?
6.2 Other Forums That Might Be of Interest.
Chapter 7 Collaboration.
7.1 What is Collaboration?
7.2 Collaboration in the Web 2.0 World.
7.3 Business Use of Collaboration Tools.
Chapter 8 Virtual Teams and Collaboration.
8.1 Virtual Teams.
8.2 Managing Virtual Teams.
8.4 What is a Virtual Company?
8.5 What is Outsourcing?
Chapter 9 Leveraging Web 2.0.
9.1 Web 2.0 Utilization.
9.2 Creatinga a Sustainable Web 2.0 Business Model.
9.3 Marketing with Web 2.0.
9.4 Protecting Yourself.
Andrew Pauxtis graduated from Quinnipiac University in 2007 with an undergraduate degree in Communications, and again in 2008 with a Master’s degree in Information Systems Management. He is the founder of Apaxmedia, Inc., an internet new media marketing company.
- Wiley E-Texts are powered by VitalSource technologies e-book software.
- With Wiley E-Texts you can access your e-book how and where you want to study: Online, Download and Mobile.
- Wiley e-texts are non-returnable and non-refundable.
- WileyPLUS registration codes are NOT included with the Wiley E-Text. For informationon WileyPLUS, click here .
- To learn more about Wiley e-texts, please refer to our FAQ.
- E-books are offered as e-Pubs or PDFs. To download and read them, users must install Adobe Digital Editions (ADE) on their PC.
- E-books have DRM protection on them, which means only the person who purchases and downloads the e-book can access it.
- E-books are non-returnable and non-refundable.
- To learn more about our e-books, please refer to our FAQ.