Basic Animal Nutrition and Feeding, 5th Edition
December 2004, ©2005
PART 1: INTRODUCTION TO ANIMAL NUTRITION.
1. Concepts of Nutrition.
2. Animal Nutrition: Its Role in Modern Agriculture and Society.
3. Common Methods of Analysis for Nutrients and Feedstuffs.
4. The Gastrointestinal Tract and Nutrition.
5. Measurement of Feed and Nutrient Utilization.
PART 2: NURTIENT METABOLISM.
9. Proteins and Amino Acids.
10. Energy Metabolism.
11. Macromineral Elements.
12. Micro- (Trace) Mineral Elements.
13. Mineral Toxicities in the Food Chain.
14. Fat-Soluble Vitamins.
15. Water-Soluble Vitamins.
16. Regulation of Nutrient Partitioning (Michael J. VandeHaar).
PART 3: APPLIED ANIMAL NUTRITION AND FEEDING.
17. Factors Affecting Feed Consumption.
18. Feeding Standards and Productivity.
20. Feed Preparation and Processing.
21. Diet Formulation.
22. Beef Cattle (Calvin L. Ferrell).
23. Dairy Cattle (Michael J. VandeHaar).
24. Sheep and Goats.
26. Poultry (Richard E. Austic).
27. Horses (Harold F. Hintz).
28. Dogs and Cats (Duane E. Ullrey).
29. Fish (Duane E. Ullrey).
30. Zoo Animals (Duane E. Ullrey).
· New Chapter 13 (Toxic Minerals in the Food Chain) addresses the role of agricultural production animal nutrition in protecting the environment from toxic levels of minerals and nitrogen in the food chain.
· New Chapter 16 (Regulation of Nutrient Partitioning) provides a lively and timely discussion of emerging technologies in modifying and increasing efficiency of nutrient metabolism and animal food composition.
· Heightened attention to the environment has been accompanied by continued advances in knowledge of food animal nutrition as a sustaining partner, not only in maintaining a stable environment, but as a vehicle for improving human nutrition worldwide.
· This new edition will include electronic images and animations depicting various processes in nutrient digestion, metabolism, photographs of signs of specific nutrient deficiencies in animals, and other powerful learning tools.
· Unique text in that it covers both fundamental nutrition and applied animal feeding all in one book. The design is flexible so a course could focus on one of the two areas, dependent upon the focus of the course.
- Wiley E-Texts are powered by VitalSource technologies e-book software.
- With Wiley E-Texts you can access your e-book how and where you want to study: Online, Download and Mobile.
- Wiley e-texts are non-returnable and non-refundable.
- WileyPLUS registration codes are NOT included with the Wiley E-Text. For informationon WileyPLUS, click here .
- To learn more about Wiley e-texts, please refer to our FAQ.
- E-books are offered as e-Pubs or PDFs. To download and read them, users must install Adobe Digital Editions (ADE) on their PC.
- E-books have DRM protection on them, which means only the person who purchases and downloads the e-book can access it.
- E-books are non-returnable and non-refundable.
- To learn more about our e-books, please refer to our FAQ.