Becoming a Skilled Negotiator: Concepts and Practices
September 2004, ©2005
1. Defining the Art.
2. A Versatile Frame of Mind.
3. Preparation and Planning.
4. Prioritizing Issues, setting and Revising Goals.
5. Ethical Considerations.
6. The Persuasive Opening.
7. The Persuasion Strategy Choices.
8. The Role of Power.
9. When the Discussion Gets Stalled or Heated.
10. Taking negotiation Talents Global.
Identifying negotiation style using the text s LSI inventory.
Choosing the best language to drive negotiation strategy.
Using communication technology (e-mails, phone, conference calls) tactically.
Recognizing deception and managing it.
Mastering the fine art of persuasion and positioning.
Effectively negotiating one-on-one and in teams.
Dealing constructively with their own and others heated emotions.
Recognizing the subtleties of cross-cultural negotiation.
Graduate Studies in Dispute Resolution