The Biology of Horticulture: An Introductory Textbook, 2nd Edition
January 2005, ©2005
2. Plant Classification.
3. Plant Structure.
4. Plant Genotype.
PART II: THE AMBIENT ENVIRONMENT.
PART III: THE RHIZOSPHERE (ROOT ZONE).
8. Soils and Soil Management.
9. Mineral Nutrition.
PART IV: PLANT GROWTH SUBSTANCES.
11. Plant Hormones.
12. Chemical Control of Plant Growth.
PART V: HORTICULTURAL PRACTICES.
14. Plant Propagation.
15. Postharvest Handling
PART VI: PLANT PROBLEMS.
16. Plant Pests and Other Problems.
· A number of new illustrations have been added to reflect advances made in the field of Horticulture since the publication of the first edition.
· Organized around scientific principles and basis for growing and caring for plants that is common to all horticulture commodities.
· Presentation of the most important and fundamental concepts of horticulture. Also includes a number of applications using the principles learned
· Extensive art and illustration program to aid topic understanding and comprehension.