Commercial Banking: The Management of Risk, 3rd Edition
August 2004, ©2005
PART I: INTRODUCTION.
Chapter 1. Functions and Forms of Banking.
Chapter 2. The Bank Regulatory Environment.
Chapter 3. Evaluating Bank Performance.
PART II: ASSET/LIABILITY MANAGEMENT.
Chapter 4. Bank Valuation.
Chapter 5. An Overview of Asset/Liability Management (ALM).
Chapter 6. Techniques of Asset/Liability Management: Futures, Options, and Swaps.
PART III: INVESTMENT, LENDING, AND LIQUIDITY MANAGEMENT.
Chapter 7. Investment Management.
Chapter 8. Credit Evaluation Process.
Chapter 9. Commercial and Industrial Lending.
Chapter 10. Real Estate and Consumer Lending.
Chapter 11. Liquidity Management.
PART IV: CAPITAL, LIABILITIES, AND OFF-BAL-BALANCE SHEET MANAGEMENT.
Chapter 12. Capital Management.
Chapter 13. Liabilities Management.
Chapter 14. Off-Balance-Sheet Activities.
PART V: DOMESTIC AND INTERNATIONAL FINANCIAL SERVICES.
Chapter 15. Securities, Investment, and Insurance Services.
Chapter 16. Other Financial Services.
Chapter 17. Electronic Banking.
Chapter 18. Global Financial Services.
New chapter on Credit Evaluation (Chapter 8).
New chapter on Securities, Investment, and Insurance Services (Chapter 15).
Expanded coverage of futures and options and their use in managing bank risks.
Up-to-date bank regulatory and legal changes, including forthcoming Basel II and the Financial Services Modernization Act of 1999.
Updated text and problems throughout.
- Risk Management Theme: Risk management concepts are integrated throughout the text to teach students how to measure and control risks in banking.
- Problem Scenario Approach: Problems and examples are used whenever possible to illustrate bank management concepts. Students gain hands-on experience through these realistic problems and situations.
- Cases: Short end-of-chapter cases allow for more thorough discussion of various aspects of risk management.
- Managerial Issues Boxes: This feature appears in each chapter to highlight the text's applied, managerial perspective.
- Managing Risk Boxes: This feature highlights the risk management theme and focuses on techniques, companies, and situations that illustrate important concepts.
- Keyed to important websites, such as The Bank for International Settlements (BIS), throughout the text.
- Students learn how to use the Internet to get their own credit scores.
- Wiley E-Texts are powered by VitalSource technologies e-book software.
- With Wiley E-Texts you can access your e-book how and where you want to study: Online, Download and Mobile.
- Wiley e-texts are non-returnable and non-refundable.
- WileyPLUS registration codes are NOT included with the Wiley E-Text. For informationon WileyPLUS, click here .
- To learn more about Wiley e-texts, please refer to our FAQ.
- E-books are offered as e-Pubs or PDFs. To download and read them, users must install Adobe Digital Editions (ADE) on their PC.
- E-books have DRM protection on them, which means only the person who purchases and downloads the e-book can access it.
- E-books are non-returnable and non-refundable.
- To learn more about our e-books, please refer to our FAQ.