Foundations and Change in Early Childhood Education, 1st Edition
March 2007, ©2008
1. View of Childhood: Past and Present
2. History of Social, Political & Philosophical Trends
3. Governance of Early Education and Care: Past and Present
Part 2: Early Childhood
4. Role of Early Childhood Educators in Children's Lives
5. Infants and Toddlers
6. Preschool and Kindergarten
7. Primary Grades
Part 3: Guiding and Assessing Young Children
8. Guiding Children's Behavior in Early Childhood Settings
9. Assessing the Child in Early Childhood Settings
10. Children Who Are Linguistically Diverse
Part 4: Supporting and Advocating for Young Children in the 21st Century
11. Children with Special Needs
12. The Impact of Environments and Technology on Young Children
13. Children and Their Families
14. Issues and Advocacy in Early Childhood Education in the 21st Century
Enrichment Activities - can be used either as in class or as out of class projects
For Further Reading and Professional Development Resources - provide resources for learning more about a particular topic
Self-Assessment - designed to help you assess students' learning from the chapter
- Wiley E-Texts are powered by VitalSource and accessed via the VitalSource Bookshelf reader, available online and via a downloadable app.
- Wiley E-Texts are accessible online and offline, and can be read on a variety of devices, including smartphones and tablets.
- Wiley E-Texts are non-returnable and non-refundable.
- Wiley E-Texts are protected by DRM. For specific DRM policies, please refer to our FAQ.
- WileyPLUS registration codes are NOT included with any Wiley E-Text. For informationon WileyPLUS, click here .
- To learn more about Wiley E-Texts, please refer to our FAQ.
- E-books are offered as e-Pubs or PDFs. To download and read them, users must install Adobe Digital Editions (ADE) on their PC.
- E-books have DRM protection on them, which means only the person who purchases and downloads the e-book can access it.
- E-books are non-returnable and non-refundable.
- To learn more about our e-books, please refer to our FAQ.