Educational Assessment: A Practical Introduction
November 2005, ©2007
Provides a practical, student-friendly introduction to the major concepts and everyday issues in this field. Superbly organized, pedagogically sound, and thoroughly up-to-date, it shows teachers and prospective teachers how to conduct first-rate assessment in their own classrooms as well as how to understand and interpret state and national testing programs, including the latest developments from IDEA and NCLB. The text emphasizes a best-practices approach to assessment and a hands-on approach to learning.
To the Students.
Chapter 1. Introduction: The World of Educational Assessment.
Chapter 2. Statistics: Just a Little Bit.
Chapter 3. Reliability: Stability of Performance.
Chapter 4. Validity: What the Test Measures.
Chapter 5. Norms and Criteria: Interpreting Student Performance.
Chapter 6. Planning for Assessment.
Chapter 7. Selected-Response Items: Multiple-Choice, True-False, Matching.
Chapter 8. Constructed-Response Items: Essays, Performances, Portfolios.
Chapter 9. Interests, Creativity, and Non-test Indicators.
Chapter 10. Administering and Analyzing Your Tests.
Chapter 11. Standardized Tests I: Achievement.
Chapter 12. Standardized Tests II: Ability, Interests, Personality.
Chapter 13. Grading and Reporting.
Chapter 14. Educational Assessment and the Law.
Chapter 15. Evaluating Teaching: Applying Assessment to Yourself.
- Educational assessment as it is practiced today, in the actual classroom.
- Practical approach to pedagogy including learning objectives, summaries, and key terms to serve as organizers for students.
- Key Point Summaries: intermediate summaries at the end of major sections within chapters.
- Try This! exercises: designed to engage students with specific topics the encounter in the text.
- Each chapter offers Practical Advice and Exercises to further engage students in learning enterprises.
- Wiley E-Texts are powered by VitalSource technologies e-book software.
- With Wiley E-Texts you can access your e-book how and where you want to study: Online, Download and Mobile.
- Wiley e-texts are non-returnable and non-refundable.
- WileyPLUS registration codes are NOT included with the Wiley E-Text. For informationon WileyPLUS, click here .
- To learn more about Wiley e-texts, please refer to our FAQ.
- E-books are offered as e-Pubs or PDFs. To download and read them, users must install Adobe Digital Editions (ADE) on their PC.
- E-books have DRM protection on them, which means only the person who purchases and downloads the e-book can access it.
- E-books are non-returnable and non-refundable.
- To learn more about our e-books, please refer to our FAQ.